gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 12:37:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul is Dead  (Read 6329 times)
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »

Ok, I know that this has been talked about for a long time now, but i actually haven't heard about it until recently. What i'm referring to is the whole "Paul McCartney is dead" hoax, angle, or whatever you want to call it. I'm Just curious as to how it all started and why people are still claiming it to be true. I've read about apparent "clues" on album covers and in Beatles songs. I'd like to know how this even still exists, since it is obvious to me that the man is alive and has been creating music for the past five decades.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 03:27:50 PM by hutchings » Logged
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »

James Paul McCartney died in 1966. He was replaced by a soundalike who had plastic surgery to become a lookalike. The new guy's real name was Billy Shears. The Paul McCartney who's been going around calling himself "Sir", who was married to Linda and to Heather Mills, is actually Billy Shears.
Just kidding...its nothing but a hoax, or so we're led to believe its a hoax. LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »

The reason the few people who believe it believe it is because they believe he was replaced by a lookalike, so while it appears to everyone that "Paul" has been alive for the past five decades, the Paul is Dead people say that for the past four it's actually been Billy Shears.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »

For anyone who wants to read more about it. I think it's pretty funny really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Is_Dead
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:33:11 PM »

Some people wish things were more interesting than they really are. Brian is some sort of hermit-genius. Paul is dead. Blah blah.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »

Some people wish things were more interesting than they really are.

I agree Luther. Obviously Beatles fans (and indeed we do it too) were just looking for something to talk about. But seriously, is there people out there who still believe Paul is Dead? Like for real??
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

I happen to stumble upon a message board tonight devoted entirely to the Paul is dead subject. I can assure you that there are some people who are VERY convinced that it is real.
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:44 AM »

I remember seeing a documentary about it a few years ago. Good for a laugh.
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »

I happen to stumble upon a message board tonight devoted entirely to the Paul is dead subject. I can assure you that there are some people who are VERY convinced that it is real.

I wonder if you're talking about the "60if" board (Google it if interested). That's some of the most messed-up stuff I've seen on the Internet ... or anywhere actually.
dsl
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »

I LOVE the Paul Is Dead stuff, especially as a die-hard Beatle fan. It's so much fun. I know it's not true, but as mentioned before, it's really good for a laugh!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 11:40:22 AM »

I saw a Paul is Dead message board a while back, might even be the same one that was mentioned here. There was a thread about how the Beatles were tools of the Illuminati, and they left the road in 1966 after they turned on the Illuminati to make it harder for the Illuminati to get them because their albums from Sgt. Pepper onward were "exposing the secrets of the Illuminati" or something like that. Paul, instead of dieing, actually just wanted to get away from the spotlight, so a fake Paul, Billy Shears was brought in, but the other Beatles didn't know that Shears was a spy working for the Illuminati. The "real" Paul kept on singing and playing on the Beatles records and writing songs, but Billy Shears appeared as Paul in public appearances. After the Beatles broke up, the real Paul went into seclusion, and Shears made the first 2 or 3 McCartney solo albums. The real Paul still helped Shears out on the solo albums. The real Paul went to Lagos, Nigeria with Billy Shears and Wings to record Band on the Run with them, but was murdered by the Illuminati in Nigeria. Billy Shears has continued on as "Paul" since then. I remember the crazy who posted that story also said that if real Paul wasn't murdered, he just went into permanent seclusion under a new name somewhere in the sticks in Scotland after Band On The Run. That was used as an explanation as to why every album McCartney's done since Band on the Run has sucked.

And, no, I didn't just make that up...I distinctly remember reading something along those lines on a Paul Is Dead messageboard.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »

I've read similarly ridiculous postings on one of those boards.  I consider myself to have a pretty open mind, but come on!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »

I thought this was all cleared up years ago when Chris Farley interviewed McCartney and asked point blank if the Paul is Dead thing was a hoax.  McCartney answered directly that yes, it was indeed a hoax and that he(McCartney) was actually there being interviewed by Farley. 

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »

Actually, the guy on SNL was Paul's brother Raul.  Raul McCartney.   He suceeded Paul when Paul died.  The family resemblance was so strong that with a few facial hairs, a moustache here, a beard there, that eventually no one noticed the difference.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 11:37:36 AM »

Actually, the guy on SNL was Paul's brother Raul.  Raul McCartney.   He suceeded Paul when Paul died.  The family resemblance was so strong that with a few facial hairs, a moustache here, a beard there, that eventually no one noticed the difference.

Paul's brother was an Englishman with a Spanish name?

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx