gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680776 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 03:09:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boy Divorce Settlements  (Read 8868 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 05:09:03 AM »

Being married to an egomaniac isn't exactly a stroll through the park. I'm surprised he found that many who said "I will".

Money talks.

Mike Love Walks.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 06:23:10 AM »

Bruce, of course, wrote that song

$ 80,000 in royalties per year for that song alone, I believe?
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »

Being married to an egomaniac isn't exactly a stroll through the park. I'm surprised he found that many who said "I will".

Money talks.

Mike Love Walks.

and small change rides the bus

Bruce, of course, wrote that song

$ 80,000 in royalties per year for that song alone, I believe?

Much much more I believe if prior reports are true
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »

With the California real estate inflation since 1974 Al could probably live pretty well off a home equity loan on the added value of the ranch...or maybe just pay the property taxes!

Believe it, that Big Sur ranch is worth many, many times what Al paid for it in the 70's. Central coast, Monterey, Big Sur, untouchable.  Toss in the recording studio and . . .

Check out George Harrison's Friar Park estate, a 120-room Victorian neo-Gothic "mansion" with several other "cottages", a lake, woods, etc.   Reportedly paid around $200,000 - $250,000 pounds in 1970, a kingly sum then, but today . . . . . .
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »

Money talks.

Yeah. Selling cars sucks.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »

Money talks.

Okay, look-- I know we're all joking around here, but I don't think it's fair to assume that any rockstar wives married for money (except maybe Heather Mills, given the divorce battle). Rich people get married too, you know, and sometimes both parties think it's for love, even if it's not.

Making a dig at Melinda would mean you have to make a dig at Marilyn (since Brian had great prospects in 1964). It's just not fair in either case. Or for Mike's wives.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »

Making a dig at Melinda would mean you have to make a dig at Marilyn (since Brian had great prospects in 1964).

Hardly - Marilyn & Brian first met in October 1962. "Surfin' Safari" was a Top 20 hit, but no-one knew wether it would be a one-off or not.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

Making a dig at Melinda would mean you have to make a dig at Marilyn (since Brian had great prospects in 1964).

Hardly - Marilyn & Brian first met in October 1962. "Surfin' Safari" was a Top 20 hit, but no-one knew wether it would be a one-off or not.

I wasn't suggesting anything about Marilyn- quite the contrary.  I'm just saying we shouldn't assume that all these women were marrying for the money. 
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »

Money talks.

Okay, look-- I know we're all joking around here, but I don't think it's fair to assume that any rockstar wives married for money (except maybe Heather Mills, given the divorce battle). Rich people get married too, you know, and sometimes both parties think it's for love, even if it's not.

Making a dig at Melinda would mean you have to make a dig at Marilyn (since Brian had great prospects in 1964). It's just not fair in either case. Or for Mike's wives.

Don't forget Priscilla Embarrassed
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »

If I recall correctly, Timothy White's book on the Beach Boys and the Southern Californian Experience (or something like that) had some information on at least Brian's divorce settlement with Marilyn. She seemed to do have done well. She still goes by Wilson does she not? Is it just too much of a hassle to change your name or does she like any fame/connections that associate her with the name.

I am sure all members are doing well finacially when you compate it with the average joe. Doesn't Dave Marks royalties from just playing on the early albums supplement his income really well? So I'd imagine Al does allright too even if he didn't write too much.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 11:12:41 PM »

Last time I looked (yesterday) Marilyn goes by Wilson-Rutherford, and has since she married Dan.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 11:35:47 PM »

Last time I looked (yesterday) Marilyn goes by Wilson-Rutherford, and has since she married Dan.
But not Mariyn Rovell-Rutherford!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx