gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:24:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boy Divorce Settlements  (Read 8825 times)
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2008, 04:23:27 AM »

Does anyone know what the guys have had to give away in divorce settlements (finance, custody of kids, houses etc) to ex wives in the past? Mike must have  lost more than the rest but surely Marilyn can't have done too bad from divorcing Brian? Just curious...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:58:39 AM »

WELL..Mike declared bankruptcy in early 80"s Shocked
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »

No way, that can't be true

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:20:56 AM »

I'd imagine the wives usually got custody of the kids, just because of the fact that the Boys were on tour a lot.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:21:22 AM »

'Tis true.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »

No way, that can't be true

It's not unusual for rich, famous people to declare bankruptcy. Hell, Donald Trump has done it. Besides, Mike has a lot of wives and kids he's paying, and I'm sure he was maintaining a certain lifestyle that wasn't cheap. I'm not surprised at all to hear that.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SG7
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »

I think out of Brian's divorce with Marilyn, she got the house and the kids from what I know.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:35:39 AM by SurferGirl7 » Logged
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »

She deserved at least that, if you ask me. Not putting Brian down, but if I were a judge, she would have definitely got the kids and a big chunk of money, as well.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 12:50:06 PM »

'Tis true.

Hmm considering the beach boys revival in the last 10 years or so, I'm assuming he's rich again right??

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 01:07:58 PM »

Mike Love has three houses. The description of one of them is "A huge 12 bedroom, 15 bathroom single family home in Incline Village, Nevada. This 3 story home, built in 1997, measures 14,337 sq ft on a 108,900 sq ft (2.5 acre) lot. Amenities include central heating, fireplace, and pool."

I'm pretty sure he's rich.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

15 bathrooms? dang, he's been eating a lot of radiant radish lately  LOL

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure he's rich.

Never doubted it..

Having you're name to at least 10 beach boys songs alone would make you rich lol

Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 07:44:37 AM »

I didn't know that Mike declared bankruptcy! Dear me!

What about Dennis? He was married to Carol, Barbara, Karen Lamm X 2 and wasn't he married to Shawn when he died? Or were they just together? I forget but who would be his benificiaries? Just his kids? Anyone know?

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »

There is no doubt Mike + all the bb got some cash..Al lives on the same ranch he bought in 74-75..Right..?/ its gotta be paid off by now.. No rent to pay..!!...If you wrote one song like.. Stairway to heaven or Free Bird..You could live all your life
on songwriter royalties from that one song..Those 2 songs get played on classic rock radio..Everyday.. On every radio station in the world that plays that music...I dont think they need food stamps...LOL..!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »

No doubting that they're all nicely off, but had Murry not sold SOT, or had Brian regained his publishing, he'd be much better off, as currently all he gets are the mechanicals. I'm thinking Alan's income these days is mostly from his Arabians. Bruce, of course, wrote that song, so even were he not left a substantial legacy by his adoptive father, he wouldn't be hurting. As for Mike, my best guess is that as lyricist for the likes of "Fun x3", "GV" and "CG", he's doing OK as well.

Here's a sobering thought - it was revealed this week that that human train wreck known as Amy Winehouse is worth £20 million. She's recorded a grand total of two albums, and the way she's going, her third may well be a posthumous release.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »

Hey Andrew...Without giving away inside secrets..Your comment about arabian horses....Al buys + sells horses..??.. Interesting..Figured he had a few cause he rode..Didnt know he is a breeder..??
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »

She deserved at least that, if you ask me. Not putting Brian down, but if I were a judge, she would have definitely got the kids and a big chunk of money, as well.

BTW, the Judge in Brian/marilyn's divorce settlement was Judge Wapner, pre-Peoples Court

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 02:12:22 PM »

Hey Andrew...Without giving away inside secrets..Your comment about arabian horses....Al buys + sells horses..??.. Interesting..Figured he had a few cause he rode..Didnt know he is a breeder..??

Al's wife Maryann was in the biz in Arizona when they got married.  I remember the BB's doing a fundraiser benefit concert for a related charitable organization back in the late 80's (there was a piece about it in a horse magazine we got when my wife was raising and training quarterhorses in California - obviously not as lucrative as Al's deal. and no royalties to fall back on  Sad
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »

Wapner. Haha.
BTW I need some royalties...
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 02:31:59 PM »

With the California real estate inflation since 1974 Al could probably live pretty well off a home equity loan on the added value of the ranch...or maybe just pay the property taxes!
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »

Ohh so thats how Al and Mary Ann met, you never hear what happened between he and Lynda. They beat the odds, had to be married for close to 20 years and then divorced in 82? Every original had gone through at least 1 divorce by then.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »

Ohh so thats how Al and Mary Ann met, you never hear what happened between he and Lynda. They beat the odds, had to be married for close to 20 years and then divorced in 82? Every original had gone through at least 1 divorce by then.

And of course Mike had the record with about 6 or 7 divorces by then...did he marry every single woman he dated?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »

So did Marilyn get half of Brian's money?

I read somewhere that during the court separation of Landy, that Brian's estate was worth 80 million. Of course those numbers are all inflated by the press. Like Britney Spears is not worth 100 million, but closer to 40 million.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »

And of course Mike had the record with about 6 or 7 divorces by then...did he marry every single woman he dated?
Being married to an egomaniac isn't exactly a stroll through the park. I'm surprised he found that many who said "I will".
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »

Being married to an egomaniac isn't exactly a stroll through the park. I'm surprised he found that many who said "I will".

Money talks.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx