gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:40:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photos from Sydney TLOS in January  (Read 2146 times)
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:58:33 PM »

A wee bit late but Greg Swan has just put up a whole heap of photos of BW and band from the Sydney TLOS, PS & Hits shows, the fans get together plus some comments. That's moi with Brian signing my SMiLE vinyl  Grin. If you scroll down to the end of the blog there are some more comments from Greg re the January shows. Some things inbetween may test your tolerance ...  LOL

Plus hands up everybody who wants one of those K-Tel Record Selectors!!

LINK: http://tammysturns.blogspot.com/
belovedaunt
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 05:48:33 AM »

Tony Wales,

Sunny Down ol' Snuffy has finally found you!

Tony is THE biggest Australian Brian Wilson fan, y'all.

I bow down at your feet Tony, and pray that you remember me from the internets early days!

How life has changed for a BW fan since then!

I saw the Man perform Smile, so my life is complete.

Please say you remember me!

Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »

Oh, I don't know, Mikeyj is almost obsessed with Brian.  Razz 

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:49:09 AM »

Tony Wales,

Sunny Down ol' Snuffy has finally found you!

I bow down at your feet Tony, and pray that you remember me from the internets early days!

How life has changed for a BW fan since then!

I saw the Man perform Smile, so my life is complete.

Please say you remember me!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Sunny Down 'ol Snuffy - how are you man??!! Ofcourse I remember you - the very, very, very early days of the BB/BW world on the internet - the old Cabinessence Board - when Mike Wheeler was still around. WOW!! bloody hell! WOW again!!

The 'ol Snuffy fella was the first trader I met back then, turned me onto some good stuff - Pet Sounds sampler, This Song Wants To Sleep With You Tonight and even a photocopied version of The Beach Boys and The Californian Myth.

What's the story man? Still in Oz? Perth was it? Email me: tonywales@optusnet.com.au

As for Oz biggest BW fan - nowhere near it - for unadulterated passion I'll nominate "The Professor" (AKA Lawrence Lavery) for technical knowledge MikeyJ is well up there (Dwight C might be an Aussie but he now lives in Germany), for frequent flyer points it has to be Robyne Wilson & RickD, for duration there are plenty, Bill & Kath, Alyn, Zac, Gordon, Chris Osbourn and heaps more. The BB/BW world in Oz is no longer the isolated little place it used to be - there are actually quite a few of us out there - the "new" internet community has started to meet up with the old "Beach Boys Australia" crew with the likes of Steve McParland - its all good stuff.

Gee Snuffy when Robyne I were putting the fans gathering together back in January I kept thinking I might hear from you once again - there was a time when it seemed that it was only you and I in Oz. Email me!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »

Thanks for the link..Enjoyed the photos.. I allways love pics of BW signing a boot copy of SMILE...!!!!!!!  LOL..!
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »

Thanks for the link..Enjoyed the photos.. I allways love pics of BW signing a boot copy of SMILE...!!!!!!!  LOL..!

Yeah, before hand I asked Jeff if it would be okay to ask Brian to sign it and he just gave a smile and said "sure".
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »

THX for info..Ill have to bring mine to next show...If he signs it ill let ya all know
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx