gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:19:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caroline, No backing track  (Read 3584 times)
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »

Does anybody have the means to take the original speed 'Caroline, No' backing track from the Sessions box and speed it up to the way it is on the album? Like with some music editor program or something?

I'll never understand why so many prefer the slow-as-a-dead-snail speed of how it was originally recorded. Seems like only me and Brian Wilson liked Murry's idea of speeding it up, even if it was for commercial reasons. It made it sound better, IMO.

If there's some way to speed it up to normal, it'd be outta site.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »

I like the speeded up version too. Heck, I like all versions, but I definitely prefer the album version w/vox compared to the slow version with vox. I don't have the means to help you out, Summer_Days.

I'll never forget listening to the instrumental version with my eyes closed on a couch during a lunch break at work- it was a divine experience I will never forget. I'm sure the speeded up instrumental is also unreal, and I too am curious as to the feeling it conveys compared to the slower version. I would think the instrumental's for both versions are equal, none being more moving than the other, but I may be wrong- as is often the case.

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:13:55 AM »

I've sped up the backing track to the correct speed and it sounds pretty good compared to the "slow" instrumental!  Smiley

In the album version, it's the sped-up vocals that bother me - Brian doesn't sound natural at all.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx