gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:41:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dance So Well"  (Read 3565 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2008, 08:24:49 AM »

I have posted to myspace a song I wrote and recorded in late November, "Dance So Well." It's just an acoustic guitar, double-tracked vocal and single-tracked harmony vocal, a simple waltz with a little hiccup of 2/4 every now and again. No click track, no punch-ins, nothing fancy. I slightly remixed and posted it this morning (someone actually requested it...can you believe that?).

Feel free to stop by there and listen.

myspace.com/thebeaumondes

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »

Overall I'd say I like it. It's a nice melody. I like the playing style. The bridge is kind of boring and the ending is pretty unsatisfying, but I like the sort of old-timey innocent feel the song evokes. The vocals'd be nicer if it was two or three different people and not just a wall-of-Luther, but I can't fault you for that.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »

The vocals'd be nicer if it was two or three different people and not just a wall-of-Luther, but I can't fault you for that.

Lately I've been trying to herd my jackass friends (can't you tell I love them?) to help with just that--that or single-track more, to avoid the problem. This one, in fact, is just a double-tracked lead and a single-tracked harmony. But I do get your point. And yeah, it is definitely not anything groundbreaking, just a little thing I thought up one day that I thought was kind of pretty in just the way you mentioned, an old-time kind of thing.

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »

It's a nice little ditty but might sound better with a piano instead or a fuller production. Sort of Macca-ish.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx