gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680856 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 06:22:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Museum  (Read 9586 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »

Tandyn Almer could sell candy outside.

Maybe with his poor old organ grinder, playing little girl lost and found...

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »

ponghit mentioned a Murry figure speaking to patrons............reminds me of the giant pink floyd  figures at the apex of the R&R HOF shouting lines from the Wall.

You all know there is a Smithsonian subsidized Rock and Soul museum in Memphis covering the music of that town.

Maybe the Smithsonian could be convinced to do one in LA.   Get Dom Priorie to get the early mid sixties and Sunset Strip  wing going.

LA is so scattered for tourists to know where to go 1st for a bit of music history.,.  This would solve the problem.

Truly LA is a world famous spot for music and pop culture.    There are movie related museums there....why not a southern cal music museum?
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »

How about a giant animatronic Jann Wenner with a picture of the Beatles up his ass?
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »

ponghit mentioned a Murry figure speaking to patrons............reminds me of the giant pink floyd  figures at the apex of the R&R HOF shouting lines from the Wall.

You all know there is a Smithsonian subsidized Rock and Soul museum in Memphis covering the music of that town.

Maybe the Smithsonian could be convinced to do one in LA.   Get Dom Priorie to get the early mid sixties and Sunset Strip  wing going.

LA is so scattered for tourists to know where to go 1st for a bit of music history.,.  This would solve the problem.

Truly LA is a world famous spot for music and pop culture.    There are movie related museums there....why not a southern cal music museum?

that's a good point...

Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

that's a good point...

That's actually a REALLY good point.  Dom, are you reading?   Interested in spearheading a move??

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »

I like it!  That's, of course, way more practical than a Beach Boys only museum.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »

Man I wish I had thought of that! Tongue

My wanderings around Hollywood and seeing the likes of Western just hanging on have made me think that a LA (or SC) music museum might do ok. Just think about the 60s-70s period alone.
Pity the buildings are often so ugly. They would be historical land-marks in their own right, like Abbey  Road.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

Let the peolpe of L.A. or California pay for one. I want nothing to with it.

Anyone hear of the Hippie museum that was planned for my neck of the woods, in Woodstock? It was denied, Thank God.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 04:25:43 PM »

Let the peolpe of L.A. or California pay for one. I want nothing to with it.

Anyone hear of the Hippie museum that was planned for my neck of the woods, in Woodstock? It was denied, Thank God.

Why so cranky?

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »

Tough times...I lost my Looking Back With Love record and I feel so heartbroken. Seriously, I know the thread is in good fun but if it were reality this wouldn't be a good time to take federal money and pour it into a museum, even though they do it anyway....for instance a doll museum will get state funds this year in NY while I'm sure the $$ could be spent more intelligently. It would be cool if they put Brian's doll tower in there though....Just not with my $$. I need my $$ to replace my Looking Back With Love record...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:38:02 PM by noname » Logged
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »

Yeah there really should be a Beach Boys museum. It should be in Hollywood on the strip. Have displays of all their albums and singles everywhere. All the olympic white Fender guitars, Dennis' drums, a little Maharishi statue, surfboards, hot rods, etc. on display.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 12:17:29 PM »

If there really were a Beach Boys museum, it would probably end up in London or in Fairfield, Iowa.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »

Yeah there really should be a Beach Boys museum. It should be in Hollywood on the strip. Have displays of all their albums and singles everywhere. All the olympic white Fender guitars, Dennis' drums, a little Maharishi statue, surfboards, hot rods, etc. on display.

I have a couple of fan friends who, together, could probably do that for ya...

Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 04:25:28 PM »

If I were super-rich, I would buy the entire mini-mall located at the south east corner of Santa Monica and Vine, which is the former site of Gold Star...lease part of it to Gold Star, maybe the Spector estate, and then use the rest for the Beach Boys museum.  I'd build a replica of the original Gold Star studios, call it...Silver Moon.
mrski
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 03:36:11 AM »

Doesn't Huntington Beach (aka 'Surf City') have an International Surfing Museum?
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 04:04:08 AM »

Doesn't Huntington Beach (aka 'Surf City') have an International Surfing Museum?

Yes....they sure do.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 05:27:31 AM »

You know, Carl probably owned, like, 10 Rickenbackers over the course of his life.
Well, I meant the one he played in the mid-60s.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 07:03:23 AM »

Yes....they sure do.

Interesting.  According to the wiki article on Duke Kahanamoku, "He also made surfing popular in mainland America first in Santa Cruz, California. This is where surfing first started in California."

I guess this is an argument that's almost 100 years old...but i'd go with The Duke, myself.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »

www.memphisrocknsoul.org

this is the place I was referencing................

could be a southern cal music museus as well.......
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx