gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:52:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jan Berry's accident...  (Read 16887 times)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »

(...)

as four people would not fit into a Corvette Stingray (a two-seater).

That would be a Sting Ray (two words) and not a Stingray (one word). The former spelling was featured on 1963-1967 Corvettes, and the latter on 1969-1976 Corvettes.  Grin

By the way Mark, I've tried many times to know more about Jan's Corvette, without success. Would you happen to know more about it? I'd like to know whether it was a coupe or a convertible, which color it was, and what kind of engine it had. You probably don't know the answer to all these questions but any info would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »

(...)

as four people would not fit into a Corvette Stingray (a two-seater).

That would be a Sting Ray (two words) and not a Stingray (one word). The former spelling was featured on 1963-1967 Corvettes, and the latter on 1969-1976 Corvettes.  Grin

By the way Mark, I've tried many times to know more about Jan's Corvette, without success. Would you happen to know more about it? I'd like to know whether it was a coupe or a convertible, which color it was, and what kind of engine it had. You probably don't know the answer to all these questions but any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have documentation on the car (not easily in front of me right now). We've run the VIN number, and it's not in use.

The color was silver (according to the police report).

M.

Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 12:41:16 PM »

I included a rare photo of Jan's smashed 'Vette in the promo video for our album.

This was when the wreck was sitting in Jan's garage at Park Lane Circle -- before it was sold for scrap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pT10L-L0Zo

M.

Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »

It's thought to be recorded in 1970, I don't think Brian's singing is weak, I think he's just trying to sound gritty ala "Bakers Man" or "Walkin". The outakes show Brian put his voice on first.

Jan Berry was working on a version of "Don't You Just Know It" in 1966, before his accident. He produced a track for it, and the session tape still exists.

M.

MBE
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 02:23:57 AM »

The Library  who photocopied the article for me didn't include the photo. Which one is it?
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 04:11:08 AM »

I have documentation on the car (not easily in front of me right now). We've run the VIN number, and it's not in use.

The color was silver (according to the police report).

M.

Thanks a lot for this info Mark! When you have more time (and when you have the documentation near you), it'd be great if you could give me more info about this car, on this thread or in a PM. Thanks again!  Smiley

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx