gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:08:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about the Endless Harmony DVD  (Read 2396 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:57:55 PM »

If you go to the chapter titled "Brian is back", about ten minutes in there is a brief clip of Brian walking across the stage, in a bright blue shirt. He has a mustache and a beard. If it helps, during the clip the song Till I Die is playing. Does anybody know where and when this footage was taken? I'd give a rough guess that it's from 1981 or 1982. Brian is very heavy, and his hair is greasy. It's definitely before the second Landy period.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »

Off the top of my head, the only footage I remember that we had in there of Brian onstage in a bright blue shirt came from a video in the BB archives of a concert in Largo, Maryland, January 1977.  This was shot the night before another concert video from the same venue that's been circulating among collectors since the early 1980s.  But Brian was in pretty good shape at that time.... the only other footage I remember of Brian walking across the stage in the TIL I DIE montage came from a concert in Santa Barbara in 1981, but he wasn't wearing a bright blue shirt in that one.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »

Just had a look at my copy and during the 'Til I Die' tune he is walking off stage wearing a white or pale shirt. Small outdoor venue, daytime show. Hoped to see Bruce onstage which would have put it about 79 plus.
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 03:58:08 PM »

The small outdoor venue you described - that's the Santa Barbara Country Bowl, 1981.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:10:36 PM »

The small outdoor venue you described - that's the Santa Barbara Country Bowl, 1981.
Thanks very much for the help. I was actually incorrect. Brian was wearing a white shirt. It looks to be the exact same one he wore at the Long Beach show. Is the Santa Barbara Footage circulating, other than that brief clip?

Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »

That Santa Barbara footage is actually a home video from Bruce's collection - shot by his wife, Harriet!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

That Santa Barbara footage is actually a home video from Bruce's collection - shot by his wife, Harriet!
I was wonder if it was a home movie. It seems like an odd angle for a pro shot film. It actually looks like it was filmed on the stage. While we're on the subject of the Endless Harmony documentary, I have another question. Right after the Santa Barbara clip, there is a brief shot of Brian at the Long Beach show from 1981. During the making of "ED", did the members of the group view the footage of that Long Beach show? I'm curios to know what their reactions might be, several years after the fact.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »

P1ssed  Roll Eyes
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx