gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680841 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 06:44:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Recording: "Something Better"  (Read 3065 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:07:03 PM »

From the same Tuesday drum session as the past two songs I've posted, I mostly re-did my existing song "Something Better" (which I am sure I had posted as an earlier demo at some point). The entire second portion is new as of today, and the vocal and bass on the first part are new.

I would love to know what you think. (I admit it, it drives me insane to see views and no comments.)

This is a quick mix.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/avifyz

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:43:10 AM »

This is nice, I can hear some Todd Rundgren in there?! As well as the Caroline No melody!
Cool production, and nice guitar licks as well.
Like the change of pace in it too, sort of reminds me of a Kirsty Maccoll for some reason.
You'll have to forgive me for offering feedback through comparison to other artists, it's usually how I listen to stuff!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »

In an older version I actually sang the bit of Caroline No, but now I figure if you can't catch it without the extra help, well, the hell with you!

(P.S., I hate Todd Rundgren. So I appreciate you keeping that tradition alive.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx