gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 04:05:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wikipedia?  (Read 1488 times)
halblaineisgood
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »

In the Pet sounds entry on wikipedia, its says that a "new mono mix" was included with the 40th anniversary set. I have not thus far purchased the set in question, so somebody please clear me up.....cause I thought it was just the same old mono version, perhaps remastered again. ........It piqued my interest though, 'cuase i always thought a mono remix would've been neat to have, and possibly sound awesome......It certainly wouldnt be any less authentic or sacrilege than the stereo mix, I think.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:58:27 AM »

or i mean to say it wouldnt be any less authentic, or more sacrilegous or revisioniost or what have you.....or did that come out right?...forget that....uh......but is it a remix is what i need to know?
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »

No it's not a remix - it's just a remaster of the same mono mix, from a superior tape source than the original Pet Sounds box, but it sounds much worse than the mono master from the PS box IMO.  They located a digital tape transfer (16 bit, not high resolution) of the master tape, which has gone missing, vs. the copy of the master they used for the PS box. 
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »

Right, that new tape is a generation closer than any previous CD master of the mono mix...but the new tape wasn't without it's issues.

IMO it's important to listen to, and in some cases sounds like a new mix because mastering can really bring out different things in the original mix, but yeah, not a mono remix. 

Though I think some mono remixes were done at some point years ago, for what reason I don't know.
MBE
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:28:44 PM »

The original mono mix hasn't been issued since the 80's. It's the one with the extra echo and cough on Here Today.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx