gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:30:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weirdest Dream - Do You Like Worms  (Read 12318 times)
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

Damn, i wish i had dreams like that, all my dreams are like Eraserhead. Sad

Love & Mercy to you tonight...

(Actually I am very fond of Eraserhead, but in smaller doses). Wink

I was amazed considering it was only a 45 minute album, it needed 2 hours of commentary to explain the thing  LOL

Do you mean SMilE or the ERASERHEAD soundtrack album? I'm assuming "Crinkleman123" means his dreams are more like David Lynch's debut feature film (ERASERHEAD), a bit more nightmarish than the more whimsical Beach Boys dreams others have posted on. I'm a fan of Lynch as well, but my nightmares are more along the lines of that "Winkie's" scene in MULHOLLAND DRIVE!
SG7
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »

oops I mispoke, I meant 45 minute MOVIE  Shocked

Lynch stuff is interesting, but Eraserhead is just bizzare.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »

Then you must have seen a heavily edited version! ERASERHEAD is 90 minutes long. Bizarre? Sure. But for anyone who may have been trapped in a dead-end job and a troubled marriage with a new baby (as Lynch was just before beginning work on this film), then ERASERHEAD nails that sense of suffocation and self-doubt with rich, satiric strokes of surreality.
SG7
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »

Oh really? I don't think I could handle 90 mins of that !

Interesting way to express that I guess.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 11:01:48 PM »

Then you must have seen a heavily edited version! ERASERHEAD is 90 minutes long. Bizarre? Sure. But for anyone who may have been trapped in a dead-end job and a troubled marriage with a new baby (as Lynch was just before beginning work on this film), then ERASERHEAD nails that sense of suffocation and self-doubt with rich, satiric strokes of surreality.

Well said! It is one of my very favorites among his films. VERY intense, evocative, atmospheric and  claustrophobic. I'm certainly glad my dreams are not in that vein every
night though. They only resemble it every OTHER night! Shocked
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:07:02 PM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »

I just had a dream two nights ago that Brian Wilson was busily recording a new rock 'n' roll album simply called U. Terrible name, I know, but it was supposed to be his best work in a long time.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

Well said! It is one of my very favorites among his films. VERY intense, evocative, atmospheric and  claustrophobic. I'm certainly glad my dreams are not in that vein every
night though. They only resemble it every OTHER night! Shocked

I love Erasurehead!

I recently dreamed that Murry beat me. I woke up with bruises all over and was deaf in one ear. Umm. Not really, but that would be odd, wouldn't it?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

Exceedingly. Shocked

Daly, Chicago 1968
Marie Jayne
Smiley Smile Associate

I get a lot of thoughts in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »

I'm new here and this is my first post, so please be kind!

I thought I'd dive straight in with an embarrassing confession! I recently dreamt that I was on holiday in a hot country somewhere, I saw Brian sitting outside on the steps of restaurant, playing guitar. He looked kind of Pet Sounds era (unbelievably cute!), I asked him if he'd come for a walk with me, he said yes. Romance was in the air  Wink, I was so pleased! I won't bore you with all the details, but I left him to go and get ready and then everything went wrong and I got really delayed and I knew I'd kept him waiting too long and he wouldn't be there anymore. I woke up feeling really upset!! It all started off so well!!  Sad

Come close, close your eyes and be still
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »

I thought I'd dive straight in with an embarrassing confession! I recently dreamt that I was on holiday in a hot country somewhere, I saw Brian sitting outside on the steps of restaurant, playing guitar. He looked kind of Pet Sounds era (unbelievably cute!), I asked him if he'd come for a walk with me, he said yes. Romance was in the air  Wink, I was so pleased! I won't bore you with all the details, but I left him to go and get ready and then everything went wrong and I got really delayed and I knew I'd kept him waiting too long and he wouldn't be there anymore. I woke up feeling really upset!! It all started off so well!!  Sad

That's absolutely adorable! Grin

Daly, Chicago 1968
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 12:36:47 AM »

I had a similar (smilimar?) dream. But I am heterosexual... Sad

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Marie Jayne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »

I had a similar (smilimar?) dream. But I am heterosexual... Sad

Oh well boy/girl, it doesn't matter, Brian is all about the love Love .  As long as you didn't have a more successful date with him than I did - that just wouldn't be fair  Grin 

sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »

"Been way too long!  Can't Wait Too Long, Baby...."

By any chance was that tune playing in the background?  Smiley
Marie Jayne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »

Hey you may have something there, that is one of my favourite tunes, I love Brian's spoken bit "miss you so hard". I guess he made it clear that that he couldn't wait too long! It's all starting to make sense!!  Grin

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:14 AM »

Hey you may have something there, that is one of my favourite tunes, I love Brian's spoken bit "miss you so hard". I guess he made it clear that that he couldn't wait too long! It's all starting to make sense!!  Grin

This is getting a little racy. I approve! Smiley

Daly, Chicago 1968
Marie Jayne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »

This is getting a little racy. I approve! Smiley

Heehee, that actually sounded a bit saucier than I meant it to!! Just wish my dream had been a little more racy –  but alas, twas not to be. Still I dream of it, maybe next time...  Hug

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »

Wow, I never opened up this thread til now, glad I did!

I've had this dream twice now. I get to go on tour with the Boys during the 63-64 era & Brian & Denny keep staring at me & I dont know why. I keep looking in a mirror to see if there is something wrong with me. Then I go and sit down between the two of them and Dennis starts touching my hair.

Thats all I remember! Ahhh if only dreams were real... Grin Love

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 09:51:47 PM »

I had an interesting dream about Brian last night. He was the age he is now, and he was standing outside my house on the sidewalk, so I went up to him have have him sign a record for me. He told me to write "Phoenix Baby" (Huh so random) on the record so he would know that I wasn't going to just have him sign it and then turn around and sell it on eBay. Then he started to sign in big, blocky letters with some sort of stencil. He spelled his name "BRIEN" and I told him that he spelled it wrong, but he said, "No, look," and when he lifted the stencil, it was spelled correctly.

It was very random and strange, lol.
SG7
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 07:58:05 AM »

Two dreams I had once:

(1) I was at the fire sessions and playing second chair kazoo. Brian was a big flirt I remember that!

(2) I was nervous around the time leading up to the first BW show I ever went to and I had a dream they decided to cancel the show and instead play a Landy era workout video. It was as awful as it sounds!!
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »

Two dreams I had once:

(1) I was at the fire sessions and playing second chair kazoo. Brian was a big flirt I remember that!

(2) I was nervous around the time leading up to the first BW show I ever went to and I had a dream they decided to cancel the show and instead play a Landy era workout video. It was as awful as it sounds!!

OMG lol @ the second one!! Thats a nightmare, lol! Hmm I wonder if theres anything to these dreams about Bri being a flirt Smiley

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »

I had an interesting dream about Brian last night. He was the age he is now, and he was standing outside my house on the sidewalk, so I went up to him have have him sign a record for me. He told me to write "Phoenix Baby" (Huh so random) on the record so he would know that I wasn't going to just have him sign it and then turn around and sell it on eBay. Then he started to sign in big, blocky letters with some sort of stencil. He spelled his name "BRIEN" and I told him that he spelled it wrong, but he said, "No, look," and when he lifted the stencil, it was spelled correctly.

It was very random and strange, lol.

Hmm thats really interesting! I love having a BB's dreams Grin

Marie Jayne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »

Two dreams I had once:

OMG lol @ the second one!! Thats a nightmare, lol! Hmm I wonder if theres anything to these dreams about Bri being a flirt Smiley

I never got to find out in mine  Sad  Sad  He does love a pretty lady, he says so on an interview from the 70s (Beach Boys - Portrait of Legend on YouTube), "I can't help it, I'm in love with girls"!

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

Two dreams I had once:

I never got to find out in mine  Sad  Sad  He does love a pretty lady, he says so on an interview from the 70s (Beach Boys - Portrait of Legend on YouTube), "I can't help it, I'm in love with girls"!

Hi Marie:) Do you have  a link for that, I never seen it before & just tried searching for it on youtube but couldnt find it.

Marie Jayne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 10:05:33 AM »

Two dreams I had once:

Hi Marie:) Do you have  a link for that, I never seen it before & just tried searching for it on youtube but couldnt find it.
Hey LittleSurferGirl. Here are the links - enjoy! (It's on part 2 that he confesses his love for pretty girls! ) Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Mo50Gc0dE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDB2n2p9iPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPYdtjvqzaw

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »

Thank you! Hmm, I bet there is something to all these dreams then Azn