gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:23:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which bands do you own a COMPLETE discography for?  (Read 22121 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »

Well these are the singers/rappers/groups that i have almost all of their work.(or at least all the stuff i like by them)
2pac
A Tribe Called Quest
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
The Clash
Common
The Cure
Curren$y
Deftones
DMX
Dom Kennedy
The Doors
Elvis Presley
Foo Fighters
Gang Starr
GhostFace Killah
The Hives
Iron Maiden
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Kid Cudi
The Kinks
Korn
Led Zeppelin
Little Brother
Marilyn Manson
Marvin Gaye
Megadeth
Metallica
MF Doom
Michael Jackson
Mobb Deep
Nas
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Prince
Queens Of The Stone Age
Radiohead
Raekwon
Rage Against The Machine
The Ramones
Rob Zombie
The Rolling Stones
Slayer
Slipknot
The Smiths
Stone Temple Pilots
The Strokes
System Of A Down
The Temptations
The Vines
The Who
Wiz Khalifa
Wu-Tang
The Zombies

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:15:01 PM by Newguy562 » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »

The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Electric Light Orchestra
Steely Dan
Frank Sinatra (Capitol), most of the Reprise albums.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »

I don't even have all the Beach Boys discography - and I've got 2,045 songs/120 albums listed under The Beach Boys in my iTunes.

I have every Coldplay, Beatles, Brian Wilson, and U2 album. Almost every Van Dyke Parks album. And that's about it I think.

I have hundreds of artists in my library, but I'm not much of a completionist I guess.

Edit: I lied. just remembered I don't have Brian's Christmas album!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:01:11 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

I don't even have all the Beach Boys discography - and I've got 2,045 songs/120 albums listed under The Beach Boys in my iTunes.

I have every Coldplay, Beatles, Brian Wilson, and U2 album. Almost every Van Dyke Parks album. And that's about it I think.

I have hundreds of artists in my library, but I'm not much of a completionist I guess.
If i can't get every album by them then sort out my favorites and delete the rest then i can't get it it'll bug me too much :[
i'm one of the music freaks & i also have to have them in chronological order as well.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »

Tha Beatles
NWA
Powderfinger
Gotye
Crowded House
Silverchair
John Lennon

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
feelflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

Fleetwood Mac
The Mamas & the Papas
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »

Beck
R.E.M.
Stereolab
Beach Boys
Beatles
Paul McCartney

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »

Adam Marsland/Cockeyed Ghost
Adele
Badfinger
Bad Religion
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Beck
Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five
Big Star
Black Grape
Buddy Holly
Butch Walker/Marvelous 3
David Bowie
Emitt Rhodes
Everclear
Fishbone
Fountains of Wayne
Game Theory
Garbage
Green Day
Guns N' Roses
Harvey Danger
Husker Du
The Idle Race
The Jam
James Luther Dickson
Jeff Buckley
Jellyfish
Kevin Gilbert
Led Zeppelin
Letters to Cleo
Minor Threat
The Move
Nilsson
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Ok Go
Owl City
Palmdale
Posies
Public Image Ltd.
Queen
Rage Against The Machine
Ramones
Sex Pistols
Smithereens
Squeeze
Teenage Fanclub
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Tool
Warren Zevon
White Stripes
The Who
Wondermints

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
RadBooley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »

Honestly? None of them. Closest I got was Steely Dan when the box set Citizen: Steely Dan included all of the released albums at the time.

I'll never get around to listening to everything out there so usually I just poke around and grab albums that I like. Actually pretty surprised so many of you guys own full discographies of a bunch of different artists.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 03:59:10 AM »

The Velvet Underground
The Beatles.
(both of those in boxsets)
Spiritualized.
Richard Hawley.
I can't even say The Stooges, because I wouldn't let someone pay me to listen to The Weirdness. So I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. So The Stooges.

Think that's it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:39:48 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »

Bands I have all studio and live albums by:

The Beach Boys
a-ha
The Ark
Tears for Fears
Prefab Sprout (working on collecting the b-sides now)
Thomas Dolby
The Smiths
The Killers

Still working on Bob Dylan, been collecting them (slowly) for almost 2 years Tongue
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 01:46:13 PM »

The Who (except the album from 2006, that's rubbish)
The Beatles
Relient K
Sufjan Stevens
blur
The Stone Roses 
Dennis Wilson
I wanna say the Beach Boys but i refuse to purchase anything from the eighties or summer in paradise. heck, i won't even steal it. Everything else but the Surfin Safari/Surfin USA double that i'm debating buying tho Smiley
Muse
70's Pink Floyd (the Waters era)
The Rolling Stones (again except their later stuff. i have all the albums that are even recognized slightly so i'll count this)
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »

Assuming we're just talking studio albums, and not counting discographies that only consist of a few albums at most, the only band I can count is the Beatles.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »

Anyone have the complete or near complete discography of Frank Zappa? And did you have to win the Lottery/rob a bank/sell a kidney to do so?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SBonilla
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »

None. 

Wait, there might be a near complete Sparks collection somewhere in my living space. It doesn't all belong to me, though.

For a short time I tried getting as much of Ennio Morricone's output as I could. I stopped.
Keri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »

I can't say the Beach Boys as I have the post Love You Beach Boys albums as exceptions

Brian Wilson
Dennis Wilson
Beatles
George Harrison
Yes
Gentle Giant
Split Enz
Crowded House
Captain Beefheart
The Fourmyula
WA Mozart
T Rex
Nick Drake
Leonard Cohen (actually I haven't got his latest album yet)

GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

Beach Boys
Beatles
Byrds
Crowded House
John Lennon
George Harrison
Gene Clark
Split Enz
Zombies
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »

None. 

Wait, there might be a near complete Sparks collection somewhere in my living space. It doesn't all belong to me, though.

For a short time I tried getting as much of Ennio Morricone's output as I could. I stopped.

From what I understand, getting a complete Morricone discography is the most insane undertaking a record collector could attempt. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't like to try....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »

All of the BB solo albums.
Pink Floyd
Stone Temple Pilots
Garbage
Led Zeppelin
Depeche Mode
Yardbirds
Foo Fighters
Jeff Beck...hell, Rod Stewart too (don't shoot me)
Elton John
2pac
EminemNirvana
New Order (except that last thing they did, without Gillian Gilbert)

Do you have "Infinite"?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »

All of the BB solo albums.
Pink Floyd
Stone Temple Pilots
Garbage
Led Zeppelin
Depeche Mode
Yardbirds
Foo Fighters
Jeff Beck...hell, Rod Stewart too (don't shoot me)
Elton John
2pac
EminemNirvana
New Order (except that last thing they did, without Gillian Gilbert)

Do you have "Infinite"?
i do Smiley i love the smooth & eerie beats..that's when em was young and trying to rap like nas/az
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »

All I own anymore, is Beatles, The WHO, and that's it, in terms of a complete studio discography. Oh and probably the Zombies.

However, that's because of various divorces, moving, disruptions in my life, at one time or another, I had complete discographies
for probably 35-50 groups. Steppenwolf, Stones, Eagles, Tom Petty, Queen, McCartney, Lennon, Harrison, Brian Wilson, quite a few
people. Mostly 60's 70's rock/pop people.CSNY,

Sometimes I don't want a complete discography, and I only like certain periods or albums. Queen For example. I loved, like, uh
maybe the second or third studio album through the 7th or 8th. Or the Beach Boys, I liked 64-70. and then one or two more
I don't like post Wilson Beach Boys much, I had never heard of getcha back, or their version of California Dreamin, (which has WIlson)
They are kind of awful, I don't want those albums. Kokomo is worth having, as a single.

The Zombie have two recent album, their whole discography is only like five or six albums, 64-2012, can you believe that.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »

All I own anymore, is Beatles, The WHO, and that's it, in terms of a complete studio discography. Oh and probably the Zombies.

However, that's because of various divorces, moving, disruptions in my life, at one time or another, I had complete discographies
for probably 35-50 groups. Steppenwolf, Stones, Eagles, Tom Petty, Queen, McCartney, Lennon, Harrison, Brian Wilson, quite a few
people. Mostly 60's 70's rock/pop people.CSNY,

Sometimes I don't want a complete discography, and I only like certain periods or albums. Queen For example. I loved, like, uh
maybe the second or third studio album through the 7th or 8th. Or the Beach Boys, I liked 64-70. and then one or two more
I don't like post Wilson Beach Boys much, I had never heard of getcha back, or their version of California Dreamin, (which has WIlson)
They are kind of awful, I don't want those albums. Kokomo is worth having, as a single.

The Zombie have two recent album, their whole discography is only like five or six albums, 64-2012, can you believe that.
My favorite zombie songs are tell her no,sometimes,is this a dream,walking in the sun & care of cell 44 Smiley
Colin's voice is probably the best singing voice I've ever heard in my life.,i love his breathy vocals.  Grin
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »

Beatles on CD, that's about it. I guess U2 as well, but I never bought No Line On The Horizon.

As far as my music collection goes, I have complete studio album collections on my iPod from these artists with five or more albums....

The Beatles
The Replacements
U2

Well, that's probably it.....I mean, I have like over 400 artists in my iTunes and over 20,000 tracks. I listen to over 200 new albums a year beyond all of the older stuff that I've delved deeper into (which is pretty much the entirety of rock history, indie or otherwise). It's just that a lot of artists usually make a clunker or two after being around for quite a while. R.E.M. for example is one of my favorite bands, but I dislike most of the Up record and found nothing to appreciate on Collapse Into Now. The Smashing Pumpkins were pretty much the soundtrack to my childhood and captured a lot of emotions that I was feeling, but I've despised everything they've done since Corgan "reunited" the band. Pearl Jam has flat out sucked for over ten years now, etc.

Lots of bands with smaller catalogs like The Zombies or Nick Drake or Jimi Hendrix or Joy Division or whatever. But again, most artists that release enough records will usually have a glaring misstep or simply make something that's a duller version of ground they had already covered.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »

Beatles on CD, that's about it. I guess U2 as well, but I never bought No Line On The Horizon.

As far as my music collection goes, I have complete studio album collections on my iPod from these artists with five or more albums....

The Beatles
The Replacements
U2

Well, that's probably it.....I mean, I have like over 400 artists in my iTunes and over 20,000 tracks. I listen to over 200 new albums a year beyond all of the older stuff that I've delved deeper into (which is pretty much the entirety of rock history, indie or otherwise). It's just that a lot of artists usually make a clunker or two after being around for quite a while. R.E.M. for example is one of my favorite bands, but I dislike most of the Up record and found nothing to appreciate on Collapse Into Now. The Smashing Pumpkins were pretty much the soundtrack to my childhood and captured a lot of emotions that I was feeling, but I've despised everything they've done since Corgan "reunited" the band. Pearl Jam has flat out sucked for over ten years now, etc.

Lots of bands with smaller catalogs like The Zombies or Nick Drake or Jimi Hendrix or Joy Division or whatever. But again, most artists that release enough records will usually have a glaring misstep or simply make something that's a duller version of ground they had already covered.
i have a question for you..well i'm planning on getting an ipod because i recently received an imac as a present..
is there a way i can chronologically organize my songs? because i heard that the songs are listed in abc order :/
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:23 AM »

Not on an iPod using iTunes. It will not sort by date.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.