gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:20:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Surf's Up  (Read 2722 times)
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »

So, it's last Friday, I'm down with a cold, I'm sitting down, relaxing, and listening to the recent Beach Boys compilation I made for someone.  "Good Vibrations" came on and I started singing along to it.  Now usually my voice craps out at the tail end (the last "na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na!") and my voice has never been able to hit that.  So the part is nearing and I tried singing it again, knowing full well I wouldn't hit it, but, then, much to my surprise... I did.  It sounded awful, but I hit it, which thrilled me enough.  Immediately, I thought of "Surf's Up" and how I've always wanted to hit that high F, so I put it on... and I hit that, for the first time ever... again, didn't sound good, but hitting it was enough for me and that alone made my day.  Instantly, I went to my recording program and laid down the vocals for the song and had to do a cover of it, so here it is, with just me on the piano. 

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5pnlua

It's a cover of the 1966 demo, from the "Good Vibrations" box set.  Brian's version has always been my favorite, by far. 

Enjoy! 
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »

That's pretty good.
Maybe add a bit of compression to the vocal track.  Wish i could still hit that note Shocked

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx