gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:46:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 2565 times)
TonyHunter
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:42:55 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm Tony Hunter. I'm new to the board but I'd really like to get the opinion of some people who actually like good music, so if any of you want to check out my stuff, my site is www.myspace.com/tonyhunter27.

Thanks

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »

Noble Sterling is pretty wild.......reminds me of Syd Barret's solo stuff.....Noble Sterling is kind of refreshing, in a sense

I see that your Uncle is the best guitar player this side of the Solar System....but can he play Solar System....chords and melody at the same time? (without vocals) ?

All Aboard the HMS Gaston is strange....how did you get those effects?? What's it about?

Most of the stuff with Vox reminds me very much of Syd Barrett, hate to use a comparison as strong as his....but it is definitely unique....keeep up the good work.
TonyHunter
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:33:01 AM »

Thanks for checking my stuff out man. HMS Gaston is pretty weird, the water effects I got with shaking around bottles of water and cartons of orange juice, mixed on top of crappo wave sounds from my keyboard. The really weird sound in the intro comes from turning the reverb all the way up on my 450 Watt, fender stage amp and slapping the top of it really hard (which I really, really regret doing... but it sounds cool). The song went thru different stages lyrically, but eventually it ended up being about some fantastical sea voyage where the ship eventually sinks and the captain gets upset.

-Tony

P.S. I'll ask my uncle about Solar System.

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »

Hi Tony, nice stuff, I really like the old photos you put with the songs, it goves it a bit of an old flavour!
I can get the Nilsson influence in your music quite a lot, its quite indebted to a lot of jazzy influences too, my favourite was 'All the gold in San Francisco' -cool!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx