gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 06:06:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how do you buy your music  (Read 9717 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »

I try buying it with charm but they only accept money for some reason.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
no
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2006, 02:45:51 PM »

I supported my local hipster music shack since my early teens, and one day they turned into a coffee shop and proud home of the "Robert Fripp-uccino."

I miss the dollar bin LPs.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »

[
Alan, ever been to Fopp? Excellent prices, loads and loads of classics for a fiver (used to work there).

Yes Indeedy, was in the Camden one over Xmas and was gob-smacked. Ended up buying all sorts of stuff - No Depression (£5), Weld (double! for a fiver!) and a few films - Rumblefish for £3, Vertigo for £5. So good I went back just after xmas and bought some more. HARD shop to walk out of empty handed. (cue more sniggering yank jokes about the name.....)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 05:32:53 PM by alan brightmore » Logged
Chris D.
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2006, 05:16:42 PM »

Snigger, no.  But I would like to jigger and yank a fobb.

Besides, I can't help it if you people flaunt this stuff, what with your Absolutely Fobbulous, dahling.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 05:35:45 PM »

FOPP. (not fobb). Tis a very silly name I agree, but can't fault the prices! It's also nice to have a shop that prices things at £5 rather than £4.99. What the hell am I going to do with that penny anyway.

And just to show we aren't making all this up....

http://www.fopp.co.uk/fopp.asp

go check 'em out!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 05:40:03 PM by alan brightmore » Logged
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 05:39:47 PM »

In Toronto you cant beat Vortex Records (Eglinton & Yonge) or Harmony Records (Eglinton & Mt Pleasant)...great selection of used CD's, vinyl and DVD's etc.....

otherwise I use Amazon.ca

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
Chris D.
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 06:08:46 PM »

FOPP. (not fobb).

Busted.
Maybelline
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 03:54:06 AM »

[
Alan, ever been to Fopp? Excellent prices, loads and loads of classics for a fiver (used to work there).

Yes Indeedy, was in the Camden one over Xmas and was gob-smacked. Ended up buying all sorts of stuff - No Depression (£5), Weld (double! for a fiver!) and a few films - Rumblefish for £3, Vertigo for £5. So good I went back just after xmas and bought some more. HARD shop to walk out of empty handed. (cue more sniggering yank jokes about the name.....)

I know, I cannot walk past it. There's one in my town, I can spend hours in there. Am gradually building my Woody Allen DVD collection thanks to the £5 deals.  Smiley
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 06:38:46 AM »

(I'm in west London)
New populist stuff I get in Fopp or Selectadisc/Sister Ray. Or wait til the megastore sales.
New obscurist stuff I get in Rough Trade Portobello.
Reissues I get in Minus Zero/Stand Out. What a fantastic shop, probably the best of its kind in London.
Rare vinyl I get on ebay/gemm/at record fairs/charity shops/Record & Tape exchange.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »

Harvey - what is Minus Zero/Stand Out? Not heard of that - I keep forgetting about the excellent Rough Trade shop (yes, cue more sniggering yanks... we also have shops called Virgin of course, and HMV actually means...no...won't go there) in Neals Yard and forgetting to go there unless my wife is searching for health stuff around there.

mark goddard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 09:01:43 AM »

FOPP is a song from the album HONEY by the Ohio Player's.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx