gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:39:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilson-Asher sessions from the 1990's  (Read 2001 times)
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

Can anyone tell me if there is a studio version of "This Isn't Love?" I know that "Everything I Need" from The Wilsons CD was also co-written by Tony Asher in the mid-late 1990's... which other songs were written by Wilson/Asher in that period? I would love a new version of "This Isn't Love!"

- B00ts
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »

just the instrumental

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »

Also " Everything I Need".

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »

...well at least the live-version on Live At The Roxy has lyrics...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 03:16:01 AM »

'Everything I need' is a real great song I think, a cleaned up versin of that would be good.
I edited out the audience on 'This isn't love' and 'The First time' and they sound good enough to be honest, I then stuck them on an alternative (better) GIOMH album where I replaced some tracks with some preferable ones and it was a much more satisfying listen.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 05:09:30 AM »

Matt

That sounds like a great idea.  I'm gonna make me a brand new BrianWilson album with selected favorite tracks from unreleased, Roxy, and the solo albums, live and studio.

Now, what shall I call it?
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 06:01:15 AM »

I believe Brian did record at least one studio version of "This Isn't Love" with vocals,  back in the late 90s with Joe Thomas (it's unreleased).
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 07:28:02 AM »

Matt

That sounds like a great idea.  I'm gonna make me a brand new BrianWilson album with selected favorite tracks from unreleased, Roxy, and the solo albums, live and studio.

Now, what shall I call it?

Well don't call it 'Getting in over my head'!
I took the title track off and the other Paley stuff ('GIOMH', 'Soul Searchin', 'Desert Drive', 'Saturday Morning in the City') as I class them as I prefer all the original versions of them and would rather listen to them in that context. I also prefer the original versions of the 'Sweet Insanity' stuff too ('Don't let her know she's an angel' and 'Rainbow Eyes'. I hate 'Make a Wish' in both incarnations). That doesn't leave much to work with as the most of the remainders are remakes of Sweet Insanity and BW88 outtakes ('You've Touched me', 'Fairytale', 'The Waltz') which I prefer in their remakes but like the original version of 'You've touched me' ('Talking Point') as well!
That leaves 'How could we still be dancing' (Imagination outtake), 'A friend like you' (new?) and 'City Blues' (which has it's roots in the 'Cocaine' sessions, but i'm not keen on the song anyway), but those are kind of 'new'.
Basically I wanted to make an album of new Brian stuff from recent years that I would enjoy listening to in these particular versions. So I thought of this lineup (not in this order);

How could we still be dancing
A friend like you
You've Touched me
Walking down the path of life
California Feeling (I know this isn't new, but the Rocky version is the best IMO)
What love can do
The First time
This isn't love
Believe in yourself
Christmasey
What I really want for Christmas

I included the Christmas tracks as I think they fit well in with the concept, I'm not too bothered that the lyrics are Christmasey..
Also could include 'Live let live', 'Midnights another day' and 'Forever she'll be my Surfer girl', that is - if 'Lucky old sun' doesn't get done!
I've spent about 3 hours writing this post whilst at my desk in work as I keep getting disturbed, I think I may have lost the point of what I was thinking....! Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:29:06 AM by matt-zeus » Logged

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx