gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:30:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: From BW.com: Brian to Perform Special Shows in the UK This Summer  (Read 7972 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »

Just spotted this on BW.com

Brian to Perform Special Shows in the UK This Summer

Brian Wilson and his amazing band will be opening the 2008 Kenwood Concert season, outdoors at Kenwood House on the 28th June, he’ll then take the show to perform for the first time since 2004 in Ipswich at the Regent Theatre on June 29th, and his last UK show of 2008 will be in the magnificent surroundings of London’s Royal Albert Hall on July 1st.

This time around Brian will be digging even deeper into his remarkable song catalogue with his formidable ten-piece band, and will be presenting a number of his classic compositions as well as a collection of his greatest hits that will please everyone in the room.

Live Dates 2008:

Saturday 28th June
Kenwood, Hampstead, London – English Heritage Picnic Concerts

Sunday 29th June
Ipswich Regent Theatre

Tuesday 1st July
London Royal Albert Hall

Tickets are priced at £27.50 to £36.00 for Kenwood Concert via
www.picnicconcerts.com
Please check website for onsale details

Tickets are priced at £50.00 for Ipswich show and can be booked through www.livenation.co.uk or 24hr cc hotline 0844 576 5483 (all tickets subject to a booking fee). Tickets go on sale Friday, February 29th, at 9am.

Tickets are priced at £35.00 – £75 for London RAH and can be booked through 0207 589 8212 / 0207 434 2222 or buy tickets online: www.royalalberthall.com or www.ticketline.co.uk (all tickets subject to a booking fee) Tickets go on sale Friday, March 7th, at 9am.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »

So much for TLOS in the US....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SG7
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »

I am not giving up hope yet. He still might.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:25:50 AM »

I am not giving up hope yet. He still might.

Without a TLOS CD to promote, I'm afraid he won't  Undecided

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:13:31 PM »

Good to see them giving a damn about his American fans...:/

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »

No joke. It's hard to be mad at Brian, because he's just going along with the flow, but his management can kiss my ass.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SG7
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »

I guess it also be due to the Pound/ Euro being more then the American dollar.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

No joke. It's hard to be mad at Brian, because he's just going along with the flow, but his management can kiss my ass.

Same here.

...And about the pound/euro/dollar thing, I hadn't thought of it, but business-wise it makes sense. Instead of selling a ticket for $100, why not sell it for €100? That's $50 more in Brian's management's pocket.  Tongue

SG7
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »

Same here.

...And about the pound/euro/dollar thing, I hadn't thought of it, but business-wise it makes sense. Instead of selling a ticket for $100, why not sell it for €100? That's $50 more in Brian's management's pocket.  Tongue

It's that and I think just how many people go out of their way to go see him. That doesn't happen a whole lot in America. At this point I would not be offended if he doesn't come here because I'll be pretty busy finishing school and going back to work and everything. But if he does, then I'll certainly go because most of the time him and his band put on a very good show, regardless of material.
Wilsonista
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »

That's the cold hard truth. Katie hit it on the head.  The willingness of Brian's UK audience to travel to see a show is astounding. I know of UK fans who will travel around Britain to see shows and THEN fly to the US to see more Brian shows. That kind of dedication on the part of the US audience just isn't there. I don't think the numbers are there for an American tour and US BW fans don't seem to want to travel a great distance to see a show.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

Well, that plus we're all broke here in the US thanks to 8 years of Dubya, but that's a discussion for another time and place...

Wilsonista
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 06:18:22 PM »

It also helps if, like the europeans, we get  a guarenteed 4 to 6  weeks of vacation a year.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 01:00:55 AM »

It also helps if, like the europeans, we get  a guarenteed 4 to 6  weeks of vacation a year.

Yet another valid point!

And it's true that the European fanbase seems more willing to travel. Currently I'm a student and don't earn any money, but I went from France to London last September to see TLOS... And you don't want to know how much I paid for the whole thing. The three most expensive days of my life so far, hands-down.  Tongue

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 10:14:55 PM »

That's the cold hard truth. Katie hit it on the head.  The willingness of Brian's UK audience to travel to see a show is astounding. I know of UK fans who will travel around Britain to see shows and THEN fly to the US to see more Brian shows. That kind of dedication on the part of the US audience just isn't there. I don't think the numbers are there for an American tour and US BW fans don't seem to want to travel a great distance to see a show.

I don't think us Yanks are less willing to travel, its just that we don't have the money or the time to take off from work. Bills bills bills, gotta work, work, work to stay out of debt, debt, debt... LOL        No guaranteed 4 week vacations here. Plus our long distance public transit (Amtrak trains) is slow, expensive, and very limited.  Cry

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »

Well, that plus we're all broke here in the US thanks to 8 years of Dubya, but that's a discussion for another time and place...

Then why did you bring it up here? Brian sure isn't broke, and he owes it to his very loyal U.S. fans to perform TLOS in the states. Yes, he owes it to us. Some of us (like moi) who have no $$ will still figure out ways to attend his shows because we love his music. We deal with him singing out of key because we love him, the songs, and recognize his genius.

At this point I would not be offended if he doesn't come here because I'll be pretty busy finishing school and going back to work and everything.

I would be offended for sure. All the reasons stated above plus the fact that while us Americans are not enjoying 4-6 weeks of vacation time a year, we should be treated to and graced by his performing as a slight respit from the day to day grind we go through that makes this country and it's citizens great.

It's not just management, it's Brian Douglas Wilson too. We give him all the credit when something goes right, but when things aren't right we blame "management"........or Mike Love (i.e. SMiLE!). Maybe next time Brian sings a song like he's drunk I'll blame the microphone.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:58:45 AM by noname » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »

Maybe next time Brian sings a song like he's drunk I'll blame the microphone.

LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx