gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680822 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:37:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys at BergenPAC - 3/2/08  (Read 9112 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »

I'll post my review here after it happens, of course... but is anyone else going to this?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »

Just came back from seeing the band... they all sounded great. Some nice additions to the usual songs were Let Him Run Wild, She's Not the Little Girl I Once Knew, and the full version of I Write the Songs. Christian sings alot more leads now that Chris is out of the band.

The best part, though, was David Marks coming up on stage. I never thought I'd see him live. His guitar solos weren't as just-like-the-record as Scott's were (sidenote: the band sounds alot more professional than it usually does), but I was still very happy he showed up. He sang lead on Do You Wanna Dance.

Overall, it was a great show and everyone's voices sounded alot better than I thought they would (especially Bruce's... in the 2004 concert recording I have he sounds terrible but he sounded pretty good tonight). And all the baby boomers around me were smiling and clapping. They didn't care that it wasn't the original lineup, and for two hours, neither did I.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:25 AM »

They didn't care that it wasn't the original lineup, and for two hours, neither did I.

Glad you enjoyed it and I suppose that's the power of good music. No matter who it's performed by, as long as it's performed well, then that's all that matters to most people.
wiggbuggie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »

im going to see the beach boys this august there coming to NJ Cheesy at the 19 community theatre cant wait
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx