gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:46:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Free song up!  (Read 3875 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:37:09 PM »

I'm not a great fan of Valentines Day particularly but I've written a quirky little number and put it up on my myspace as a free download for the next day or so, it's called 'Be my Valentine', its not a major work by any means, if I had the chance to do Bsides - this would be one!
Anyway, please feel free to give it a spin!

www.myspace.com/brigadiermusic

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »

I'm "blogging" this response.

Love the chord progression. Love the beat.

Reminds me of Euros Childs.

The guitar entrance replacing the keyboards is very cool--I'm a fan of textural changes like that in arrangements. Background vocals entrance is great.

Lyrics about cooking kick ass. Big fan of the "slice of life" stuff.

Not so sure I like the little "mmm" vocal bits throughout.

Really love the background vocals in the 2:30 range.

And it's over. In summary, this has The Official Luther Seal-slash-Stamp of Approval. Congratulations!

(It's a cool little tune; a lot of fun.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:01:48 AM »

f*** yeah! i love it!

is there anyway you can upload a 192kbps mp3 of this? myspace encodes it to 96 Sad

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »

Hello! Thanks very much for your kind words Luther, i'm very flattered especially coming from someone of your writing pedigree which I very much admire!! I have a lot of songs about cooking, I seem to be doing a lot of that these days!
I literally wrote the whole thing in five minutes and then started recording and made up most of the lyrics on the spot, I don't usually work that way but I needed to after spending months slaving over an album! I have loads of these little ditties lying around!
Anyway glad you like it!!
Thanks too Mr Moderator, I have uploaded a better quality version to my proper webpage - www.thebrigadier.co.uk - go to 'Sounds' then 'Oddities' and that'll pop up as a free download which should sound a lot better (also in there is my cover of Brians 'That Special Feeling')
Cheers
Matt

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »

I literally wrote the whole thing in five minutes and then started recording and made up most of the lyrics on the spot, I don't usually work that way but I needed to after spending months slaving over an album! I have loads of these little ditties lying around!

Awesome. Maybe I say that because I do usually work that way!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 04:38:51 PM »

Awesome. Maybe I say that because I do usually work that way!

Initially I get the germ of the idea of thes song or the melody very quickly but then I sit on it for ages, sometimes I spend months and months recording a song but in this case I recorded it on Tuesday evening and had it up on Wednesday!

richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:46:59 PM »

Only just seen this thread Matt, It's an ace track, nice one. Better than a B side I'd say.

Btw, what's the new background on your myspace?  You've always got some interesting Architecture on there Grin

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 02:39:08 PM »

Thanks very much Richard, thrilled that you like it!!
The background pic is actually an old abandoned Art College in my hometown of Newport, one of its claims to fame is that Joe Strummer studied there in the early 70s!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx