gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:53:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Wilson on Supernanny  (Read 13646 times)
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »

Wendy! Wendy seeks help from Supernanny  for her 4 sons prior to touring with Carnie. Airs on ABC TV on February 20, 9:00 p.m. EST and PST. Get the popcorn ready.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »

LOL Awesome!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 10:22:28 PM »

I'm not familiar with Supernanny, so I don't know if it's a sitcom or a reality TV show, or what...but does Wendy really have 4 sons!?!?!?!?  Shocked
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »

I think it's a reality show.

What's so weird about having four children?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:32:15 PM »

"... As the daughter of Beach Boys' Brian Wilson, she was raised in a household where the children had few boundaries, and is often a pushover with her rambunctious toddlers, Leo, 4 and Beau, 3. Husband Dan, a former rock singer, was raised just the opposite way, with clear-cut rules and a strict schedule. Having had twins Willem and Jesse just six weeks prior to filming, Wendy and Dan are exhausted, overextended, and realize that their current parenting style won't work. ..."

http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/progcal/dispDNR.aspx?id=012808_24

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 11:05:28 PM »

Twins. Damn.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 12:48:47 AM »

Supernany - phooee!

Make it SUPERGRANNY and bring on Marilyn!!

A little bit of Granny love will set those kids straight!!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 04:59:12 AM »

Alright, I guess I'll just have to come out and say it, reality shows stink. I really don't care who's on a show. I hope Wendy gets help with watching her kids, but why make an entire tv series out of it? I can't believe people want to pollute their brains with "celebreality" crap. I"m looking forward to shows getting their writers back (but only if the writers get a fair deal from the producers/networks, if not, then they should keep striking).

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 07:15:19 AM »

Alright, I guess I'll just have to come out and say it, reality shows stink. I really don't care who's on a show. I hope Wendy gets help with watching her kids, but why make an entire tv series out of it? I can't believe people want to pollute their brains with "celebreality" crap. I"m looking forward to shows getting their writers back (but only if the writers get a fair deal from the producers/networks, if not, then they should keep striking).

Well, I believe "Supernanny" features a new family every week, so Wendy's "storyline" should only last one episode. Otherwise, I agree with everything you said.
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 07:43:27 AM »

Wendy must be trying to catch up with Carnie.  Carnie has been on more reality tv shows than you can shake a stick at.  She's currently on "Gone Country" on CMT, trying to become a country star along with Maureen McCormick (Brady Bunch) , Dee Snyder, Bobby Brown, and others.

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »

I take it youre not watching Big Brother 9...LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »

I think it's a reality show.

What's so weird about having four children?
Nothing's weird about it, but I could have sworn she just had her first child a couple of years ago!  Guess it's been longer...
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 12:47:28 PM »

Wendy must be trying to catch up with Carnie.  Carnie has been on more reality tv shows than you can shake a stick at.  She's currently on "Gone Country" on CMT, trying to become a country star along with Maureen McCormick (Brady Bunch) , Dee Snyder, Bobby Brown, and others.

She was also on "Celebrity Fit Club" last year...I usually don't watch these shows but if Carnie is on I am more inclined to watch for some reason.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 04:56:35 PM »

I think Wendy's four have been born within a four year (or less) span.  That's why it seems so remarkable.  She went from none to four in a very small span of time.  That would be a little taxing for any family.  It  might be interesting to see how Supernanny can help.  Most of those kids aren't even old enough to be reasoned with yet (the twins, in particular, they're just babies).
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 06:43:18 PM »

I am not a fan of reality shows. But I might check this one out. If only because I know hardly anything about Wendy. I think it would be interesting for one or two episodes just to see what she is like.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Lisa Bonahue
Smiley Smile Associate

New York State Rep BBFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 03:04:01 PM »

Wilson-Knutson Family
Wed Feb 20 9/8c
Supernanny helps her first celebrity family when Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips reaches out for help in managing her four boys -- including newborn twins.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/supernanny/index?pn=index

I find that a relaxed work environment can be achieved through balance. Come in late, leave early....works for me.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 04:11:11 PM »

Oh, boy, here it comes, right up against fabulous American Idol.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

whoa, here goes the brian wilson guilt trip...

(and cool pics, never seen before?)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:37:07 PM by Jonas Mcflonuz » Logged

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 08:08:08 PM »

Let me precede this at first by saying I have nothing against Wendy, and I can't possibly know what it was like to grow up  in that house... but I found it a little offsetting that she nor anybody else mentioned one time that Brian Wilson has severe mental disorders that have made him incapable of functioning as a responsible adult.  Everytime they mentioned what a bad father he was, she just said he was absent.  She alluded a few times to a feeling that he gave more to the music than he gave to her, and while that may be true I think it's fair to say that after his illness set in he wasn't very good to the music either. 

I just think it would have been a little more fair to give Brian a small bit of mercy and mention that the man is sick and not just a jackass who didn't raise his kids right. 
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 08:22:41 PM »

I felt the same way...  plus: what about Marilyn?  Doesn't she deserve any 'blame'?  That said, maybe Wendy did mention Brian's condition in detail, but the show's producers/editors didn't include it...?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 08:28:27 PM »

I felt the same way...  plus: what about Marilyn?  Doesn't she deserve any 'blame'?  That said, maybe Wendy did mention Brian's condition in detail, but the show's producers/editors didn't include it...?

You know, actually you may be right.  I should have thought of that... they may have edited out any explanation she gave.  Plus I've still got to be fair and say again that she's entitled to whatever opinion she has, and I won't pretend to know any better than her.

Still kind of messed up when they do a hit-piece on him about 5 or 6 times then show Wendy saying she's moved on and doesn't dwell on it.  what?
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »

She doesn't dwell on her childhood, but when the producers ask why she's such a pushover with her kids...well, that's the answer. She has always struck me as a nice person but very passive.

I also was annoyed that she made it sound like Brian was just a jerk, a deadbeat dad... but it's true that she might have mentioned drugs, and maybe ABC felt it wasn't appropriate for a family show, so they just left in that he was "absent" and "incapable of being there," or whatever she said. Marilyn was hardly mentioned, but I guess she was pretty easygoing with her kids. They seem to have turned out okay, all things considered.

Was I the only one surprised that Wendy didn't have a nanny of her own, even just to help out part-time?
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

She doesn't dwell on her childhood, but when the producers ask why she's such a pushover with her kids...well, that's the answer. She has always struck me as a nice person but very passive.

I also was annoyed that she made it sound like Brian was just a jerk, a deadbeat dad... but it's true that she might have mentioned drugs, and maybe ABC felt it wasn't appropriate for a family show, so they just left in that he was "absent" and "incapable of being there," or whatever she said. Marilyn was hardly mentioned, but I guess she was pretty easygoing with her kids. They seem to have turned out okay, all things considered.

Was I the only one surprised that Wendy didn't have a nanny of her own, even just to help out part-time?

Yeah I agree, Brian really didn't come off too well here.  Some reference to mental problems might have at least provided a better explanation.  To the casual viewer, he probably came off exactly like you said: a deadbeat jerk of a father. 

Maybe there's still some resentment there for Wendy, who knows.  I just think it would have been more accurate to say that he had mental and drug problems and was afraid he wouldn't be a good father, so he left the parenting to Marilyn because he thought they would be better off that way.  It was only a small part of the show so like others have said, maybe she elaborated on it but those parts were edited out.
XY
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 10:59:44 PM »

Didn't Wendy mention in one of the docus, I think in "I Just Wasn't Made", that she still has bitter feelings against her dad? We can only speculate about Brian the father, but with all the little anecdotes they decided to make public, I don't wanna know what else happend in that household. And IMO, mental disorder is not an excuse for everything.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

Didn't Wendy mention in one of the docus, I think in "I Just Wasn't Made", that she still has bitter feelings against her dad? We can only speculate about Brian the father, but with all the little anecdotes they decided to make public, I don't wanna know what else happend in that household. And IMO, mental disorder is not an excuse for everything.

Yeah, but it should be between Wendy and Carnie and Brian.  What I don't like is the way Carnie, and now Wendy, have used their father's name to gain publicity, including dragging his name through the mud.  I'm not sure Wendy would have gotten a spot on "Supernanny" without featuring Brian, former Beach Boy,  as part of the story line.  Wilson Phillips is yesterday's news, and they used the show tonight to promote an upcoming tour.  It really kind of sucks.  And yes, if Brian was a co-dependent, then Marilyn was an enabler.  A lot of kids are raised by single moms, and they don't let their kids get away with everything (which is how Wendy portrayed her upbringing, as very lax).
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx