gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680847 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 03:45:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10 years ago today  (Read 9281 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 05:04:30 AM »

I found out about Carl's passing in a small notice in the paper. Like when Lennon was shot, it didn't really sink in until later. I didn't immediately think it was the end of the band and I still don't really think so. I agree that Carl is irreplacable and I miss him terribly, but there are still seven surviving BB's and something interesting could come out of that if they just put all personal issues aside.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »

in 1993 (at age 14), I sent Mike, Al, and Carl fan letters and the only one to respond was Carl.  He sent a personalized autographed picture.  I was thrilled at the time, and looking back, it is probably a good indication of the kind of person that he was.

A couple of weeks before Carl died, I had a dream that he was recording music with my sister and myself.  He seemed tired and and somewhat defeated in the dream.  He then said that he had to go and disappeared.

Like many others, I found it strange how affected I was when he died.  When my mother told me the news she had tears in her eyes.  She grew up with the Beach Boys and said, "Its so strange to say it, but I feel like we knew him."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:11:58 PM by DonnyL » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx