gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:45:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post your review requests here  (Read 53793 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »

we need to add the TLOS dvd to the reviews  Roll Eyes

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »

Let's add Beach Boys vrs Beatlemania by G.A. Forrest.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 07:45:31 AM »

Bambu?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Lady
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »

Jon Stebbins' book, "The Lost Beach Boy" 

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 05:10:44 AM »

I agree that "Songs from here & back" should be there. Also "Symphonic sounds : Music of the Beach Boys" from the late 90s.

I'd like to repeat this...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »

A World Of Peace Must Come? or am i dreaming that was released....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »

Am I missing it, or is "The Lost Beach Boy" by Stebbins not in the book review section? I just found, bought and began it yesterday and gods know I'll probably have something or other to say about it when I finish.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

Bambu?    Undecided

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »

Unreleased dennis wilson solo album Azn

A discipline daddy.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »

Of course it is, I just wanted a place to review it    Grin

~post of the century~
-Mikie

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 03:07:16 PM »

When is the last time a suggestion was added? Do admins even read this thread? (Or are they just reading it, taking no action and laughing? That's what I'd do.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 06:51:33 AM »

Do admins even read this thread? (Or are they just reading it, taking no action and laughing? That's what I'd do.)

I do read it... but apparently I can't add a new poll. Hopefully on short notice we can update the whole thing.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »

I can't decide whether that's good or not. I really was liking the idea of omnipotent mods thumbing their noses at the common folk.

Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

We should be able to review Van Dyke Parks Albums, i'd love to hear whate people think of Song Cycle

A discipline daddy.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »

We should be able to review Van Dyke Parks Albums, i'd love to hear whate people think of Song Cycle

It's awesome!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
GroovinGarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »

No topic for this year's Summer Love Songs?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »

Can I suggest Brian Wilson: An Art Book be added as well as the Beach Boys: Essential Interviews book.

not that any of our suggestions have been added really
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:29:32 PM by punkinhead » Logged

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Phil H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »

After making a reference to this book in an earlier post I was surprised to see that it wasn't included in the 'Album, Book & Video Reviews' section. It certainly should be Wink.

U.S. version;

U.K. version;
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 04:32:29 AM »

After making a reference to this book in an earlier post I was surprised to see that it wasn't included in the 'Album, Book & Video Reviews' section. It certainly should be Wink.

... it is actually. Since Feb 2006 to be exactly.

Currently busy to work through all requests. Patience please...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »

not a big deal.   Grin

~post of the century~
-Mikie

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »

Request: Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »

Request: Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin.

now THAT was a surprise question...

pobbard
Smiley Smile Associate

My ultimate guilty pleasure

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 05:51:31 AM »

How about the 40th anniversary GV single release from 2006? I wouldn't mind sharing a few thoughts...

Thanks!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »

How about the 40th anniversary GV single release from 2006? I wouldn't mind sharing a few thoughts...

Thanks!

Added !

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »

In The Key Of Disney for Brian Wilson. Please!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx