gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 11:13:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1971 rare photo  (Read 16221 times)
jimmyboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 12:01:20 AM »

epr

Werner Electra Atlantic in 1971 put out a promotional set of their artists. I got a set from a local DJ. They feature the Boys(reprise) in a different take of this shot, T-Rex, Grateful Dead, Jimi, Lightfoot, Joni, James Taylor, Frank Zappa, Neil Young and Van Morrison. The boys look less spaced than the one here-they adorn my lower level (man cave) walls-They are 3'X4' in size.
I was manager of the old Record Factory store in San Jose, Ca in the 70's and I was lucky enough to score one of those sets too! My fave was the BB's but the Van Morrison one was cool and the Neil Young was a classic.
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 06:57:42 AM »

Let's see... Mike looks like someone slipped laxatives into his coffee, Brian looks like someone pissed in his cornflakes, Carl looks like Elton John gave him fashion tips, Al looks like a child molester, Dennis has this big, stoned, soapy grin on his face, as if someone was giving him sucky sucky invisibly, and Bruce really needs to shave that mustache - reminds me of my 7-11 deskguy.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:08:32 AM »

It looks more like a "State of The Beach Boys, circa 1971" picture. Except for Carl, they all look like they had one toke too many. I have a 8x10 glossy of this pic that I believe I purchased at the Spring 1972 show in Philly. I say believe, because I had one too many tokes that evening, as well.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »

Have to say, Alan looks totally hammered, and even Bruce is looking... mellow.  Brian's Trip

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx