gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681013 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 01:44:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Just Wasn't Made For These Times  (Read 1595 times)
carl r
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »

The documentary "I Just wasn't Made For These Times" doesn't seem to be available in the UK, or am I wrong?
Is it possible to get a PAL copy anywhere, I wonder if anyone can help?

cheers for any guidance
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »

Hahaha! Ussually alot of the good stuff is only released in the UK, now its our turn to have something that you can't have!! Just kidding, I have no clue. I hope you find it. Very good doc.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »

yeah, i was thinkin the same thing...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:03:55 PM »

The documentary "I Just wasn't Made For These Times" doesn't seem to be available in the UK, or am I wrong?

cheers for any guidance

You can buy the US version, which also includes the Beach Boys' documentary, "An American Band," for a cheap price (about $9, not including international shipping).  You can definitely play it on your computer.  You could possibly "hack" your current DVD player to play discs from all regions, or buy one that can be hacked.  Videohelp.com has hacks for various DVD player models.  Most TV sets of recent vintage in the US will convert PAL to NTSC; it's entirely possible that European TV's do the same in reverse.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »

cheers for any guidance

You can buy the US version, which also includes the Beach Boys' documentary, "An American Band," for a cheap price (about $9, not including international shipping).  You can definitely play it on your computer.  You could possibly "hack" your current DVD player to play discs from all regions, or buy one that can be hacked.  Videohelp.com has hacks for various DVD player models.  Most TV sets of recent vintage in the US will convert PAL to NTSC; it's entirely possible that European TV's do the same in reverse.

You could do that or you could even buy an all regions DVD player if you could be bothered. That way you don't have to worry when buying DVD's from other regions. I have seen them in Australia for as cheap as 60 Australian dollars and they work fine. But I would probably go with Forget Marie's suggestion if it was me.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx