gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681457 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 10:21:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Show/Concert You've Been To?  (Read 5414 times)
bedshaped1987
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »

What show/concert did you last go to? Or What was your most favorite?

I personally got to see Jet and the All American Rejects live in LA. They were awesome!! My last show I saw was this band called The Black Summer Crush. They played in LA and they're awesome! Reminds me of classic and modern rock fused into one, kinda like Wolfmother. Check them out.. not many people heard of them. myspace.com/theblacksummercrush
MBE
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

The Who in 1996 was great. Smile was great, and the 1993 box set tour was also amazing.
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »

The LAST concert I went to was "Rain: The Beatles Experience" which was extremely good.  The BEST concert I've been to remains the "SMiLE" tour.

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:53:47 PM »

Top 2:

1978 The Beach Boys, Phladelphia, PA - Brian on bass, Dennis on drums, Karen Lamm-Wilson on background vocals
2005 Bob Dylan & Willie Nelson, Lancaster, PA - two distinctly different but equally brilliant sets
MBE
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »

I saw that Dylan and Willie tour and it was very good. I like most concerts I have been to really. Perhaps Tom Petty was the worst not because he was bad (he was very good)  but the venue I saw him at was horrible. Tinley Park Tweeter Center. Stoned kids were walking around like nothing was happening, and a post blocked my view.
SG7
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 04:45:33 AM »

The Smithereens in Philly 2007. They played most of the holiday album and I got to sit on the side of the stage. Fun times.

My favorite will always be seeing Brian + band do SMiLE in 2005. I got to meet Brian after that show and it was such a bittersweet night.
Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 05:02:12 AM »

The Grateful Dead Spring 1990 at the Nassau Coliseum w/ Branford Marsalis sitting in, SMiLE @ Carnegie Hall, The Grateful Dead Fall 1990 @ Madison Square Garden w/ Bruce Hornsby, The Beach Boys August 1972 at the Nassau Coliseum w/ the Kinks, The Beach Boys 1973 at Madison Square Garden, Jethro Tull spring 1972 at the Nassau Coliseum doing all of Thick As A Brick, The Rolling Stones 1989 at Shea Stadium, & The Beach Boys November 1976 at Madison Square Garden "The Brian's Back Tour" the Wild Honey Night.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:02:16 PM by Mike » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »

I've been to a few in my time including the Who circa Live at Leeds era performing Tommy.  I've been to PS and SMiLE concerts and countless BB concerts.  But the concert I remember most fondly was seeing Hot Tuna (heavy electric phase) with Papa John Creech at DAR Constitution Hall early 70's, FRONT ROW.  LOUD!!!!!  As I seem to recall, when Jack turned up the volume on his bass, several of us were blown back to the 8th row.  Jorma was grinning that electric gold toothed grin and squeezing new and frightening sounds out of his guitar as Papa John sawed his mighty fiddle.

Funny, but I had a chance to chat with Jorma last winter after he introduced his new material at the Mountain Stage show.   A few pounds heavier, nearing 70 years old, but still wearing that iinscrutable Jorma grin.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »

The best of the older concerts I had been to was Van Halen in the early 80's, the best recent concert was the Backstreet Boys.....I took my kids.......turned out to be quite a good show, nice graphics and stage stuff....
Carly

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Big Bri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 05:24:53 AM »

RUSH  1977 "Farewell To Kings" tour at the Tower Theater,Phila.
RUSH  1978  "Hemispehere's" tour  The Spectrum,Phila
Genesis  1978,1980,1982 tours.Especially 1982 "Three Sides Live" at the old JFK Stadium when they did "Supper's Ready" in it's entireity!!  Amazing!
Judas Priest & Iron Maiden 1981 at the Tower Theater.WOW,what a show that was!!
SMiLE  2004 at the Keswick Theater.I was 7th row and in HEAVEN!!

AC/DC 1983 at the Spectrum.I got to meet and hang out with Angus Young for 3 hours! Helluva nice guy.
And there's so many concerts I've been to that it would take to long to list!

Cheers,
Brian
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »

Bloodrock back in 2005. Few people I know have ever heard of them...some of you may be familiar with their song 'D.O.A'. I've been a huge fan of theirs for years, and I was ecstatic when they did a 'reunion' show in '05 (it was a benefit concert for their keyboardist, Stevie Hill, who has leukemia). Since the original band has been broken up since the early 70s, I never would have thought in a million years that I'd be able to see them live. My dad was an 'original fan', and he's seen them 5 or 6 times...I was thrilled that my dad got to go with me to the show and see them again. He said they rocked as hard as ever! They were in great form and gave a truly awesome show. If anything, they've gotten better with age.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »

Flaming Lips in March of 95. Christmas lights everywhere. It was awesome.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 06:44:17 PM »

Something from among: Brian Wilson, Smile, Glasgow 2004; Of Montreal, 7th Street Entry, 2002 and First Ave 2006(?); Fiery Furnaces, 400 Club, 2004(?); Brown Flamingos, early 2000s (several shows).

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx