gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:57:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson...don't say i didn't warn you  (Read 28480 times)
XY
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2008, 12:36:55 AM »

and on a egocentric note, these rumors about a third album didn't come from me. I read about it on this and the Shut Down board and never wrote a word about it. I don't know why, but people seem to automatically connect rumors with my name. No idea why, man.
DJ M
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »

Short piece on the release:

http://www.soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=4977
pmugghc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2008, 04:00:23 AM »

I'm not familiar with this record company, is their stuff usually available on e.g. Amazon.com ?  Would make it easier for us that live outside the U.S.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2008, 09:09:17 AM »

I'm not familiar with this record company, is their stuff usually available on e.g. Amazon.com ?  Would make it easier for us that live outside the U.S.

Legacy = Sony...it will be available everywhere there are human beings.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2008, 06:15:20 AM »

Am I the only one who asks himself "is the POB/Bambu track list posted already?" while logging on SmileySmile?   Smiley

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »

Yeah, I'm dying to know what the Bambu tracks are going to be.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »

From a May 1969 interview with Dennis:

What other work are you doing independent of the Beach Boys?

I am recording a friend of mine – ‘Medulla’ – who is a singer-guitarist who played a long time ago on one of our tours as a backing musician. He writes all his own songs. I have completed an album with him and when Brother Records are launched this year I hope to have him on our label.

http://www.rocksbackpages.com/article.html?ArticleID=39

WHO IS MEDULLA?

I'm guessing it might just be good 'ol Charlie Manson. But since Manson was never a BB backing musician, them I'm pretty clueless on who Medulla is.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2008, 11:24:56 PM »

I'm a little confused about something. Is the "complete" Bambu album going to be issued with POB? Or just Bambu outtakes? I've read on here that some tracks that are going to be issued are previously unbooted tracks. Will these make up the Bambu "album"? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will there be things on Bamboo bootlegs that are NOT going to be on the reissued cd?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2008, 05:10:55 AM »

From a May 1969 interview with Dennis:

What other work are you doing independent of the Beach Boys?

I am recording a friend of mine – ‘Medulla’ – who is a singer-guitarist who played a long time ago on one of our tours as a backing musician. He writes all his own songs. I have completed an album with him and when Brother Records are launched this year I hope to have him on our label.

http://www.rocksbackpages.com/article.html?ArticleID=39

WHO IS MEDULLA?

I'm guessing it might just be good 'ol Charlie Manson. But since Manson was never a BB backing musician, them I'm pretty clueless on who Medulla is.

I was thinking Manson as well, but the article describes Manson as a separate person. 

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2008, 09:11:22 AM »

I'm a little confused about something. Is the "complete" Bambu album going to be issued with POB? Or just Bambu outtakes? I've read on here that some tracks that are going to be issued are previously unbooted tracks. Will these make up the Bambu "album"? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will there be things on Bamboo bootlegs that are NOT going to be on the reissued cd?
Yes...Hiss...and bad mixes...and maybe one song.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »

Yes...Hiss...and bad mixes...and maybe one song.
Jon, is the CD's track list set in stone right now, Feb 17th?

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »

Jon, is the CD's track list set in stone right now, Feb 17th?
[/quote]

I doubt it. Probably getting close.
AKA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »

Just read that this got pushed back to June 17. Bummer. I hope it's still on track.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »

Just read that this got pushed back to June 17. Bummer. I hope it's still on track.

I really hope it gets released on June 17. That'd make a sweet birthday present  Grin

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »

Yeah! I'll buy vinil edtion and 2 copies of cd edition for me and my girlfriend (who likes POB very very much too), cause June 18 is our birthday date!
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »

we are now talking March 11th... any word on the track lineup yet Cool Guy

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »

we are now talking March 11th... any word on the track lineup yet Cool Guy

March 11th is incorrect. The release date of today is June 17th...that info comes directly from the offices of Sony.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2008, 04:39:02 PM »

Man... March 11th would be great. That's today!

June 17th... can't wait. Jon, is there anything you can tell us about Bambu? Track names?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

June 17th... can't wait. Jon, is there anything you can tell us about Bambu? Track names?
Sorry...i think I misunderstood Doc's reference to March 11. He seems to have meant "here we are at March 11 and still no track list"...anyway...we should be getting an official track list released to the public real soon. All the last minute changes have pretty much been made, I think. Wish I could say more but I'm not authorized to leak the track list yet. I think the total number of tracks in the package including the 12 POB songs is around 30 or 31.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2008, 10:02:50 AM »

I think the total number of tracks in the package including the 12 POB songs is around 30 or 31.
[/quote]

30/31 !!!        Thud

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »

Sorry...i think I misunderstood Doc's reference to March 11. He seems to have meant "here we are at March 11 and still no track list"...anyway...we should be getting an official track list released to the public real soon. All the last minute changes have pretty much been made, I think. Wish I could say more but I'm not authorized to leak the track list yet. I think the total number of tracks in the package including the 12 POB songs is around 30 or 31.

That was what I was referring to... ( CD info)  30, 31 tracks... oh wow!   so stoked for this   group hug

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
MBE
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »

This will be the ultimate later day Dennis package.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2008, 10:35:01 AM »

I really hope nothing happens to stop this from geting released. Of all the solo albums, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I have what I need of TLOS and Mike Love Not War from the boots, and I'm not really optimistic about the quality of Al's album.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx