gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:52:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Imagination
5 - 9 (8%)
4 - 46 (41.1%)
3 - 33 (29.5%)
2 - 19 (17%)
1 - 4 (3.6%)
0 - 1 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Imagination  (Read 71985 times)
jeffcannell
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2021, 09:49:49 AM »

I have a fantasy about Brian, Darian, Scott and Mark (or any combination) taking the multis and remixing this album from the ground up. More bass, less processing on the vocals, some of the worst acoustic guitar bits mixed out -- it could sound great.

I think about this often .The AOR sounding guitar opening Lay Down Burden is unlistenable. However that dong live is one of my favorites….
1-get masters or copies of such
3-strip down fx
4-remove some of Brian’s multitrack vocals snd replace with touring band vocals.
5-a little “wall of sound” mixing of drums, base, guitar,
6-and any studio pre or post song banter that is in keeping with the record.

-whaddaya all think?
Toxic34
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2021, 05:54:37 PM »

I think this is definitely counting as Brian's followup to the self-titled album. What I've heard from Sweet Insanity never really sounded up to scratch, especially not in the version from the bootlegs, and after the torturous work that went into S/T because of Landy's meddling, you can tell that Brian felt truly liberated doing this album. After all, "music should come from a place of joy."
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2021, 06:49:05 PM »

I think this is definitely counting as Brian's followup to the self-titled album. What I've heard from Sweet Insanity never really sounded up to scratch, especially not in the version from the bootlegs, and after the torturous work that went into S/T because of Landy's meddling, you can tell that Brian felt truly liberated doing this album. After all, "music should come from a place of joy."
Hmm...okay. I thought IJWMFTT was the followup. Or maybe I've got my timeline mixed up. IJWMFTT and OCA were 1995? Imagination was 1998?
Toxic34
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2021, 07:09:19 AM »

Hmm...okay. I thought IJWMFTT was the followup. Or maybe I've got my timeline mixed up. IJWMFTT and OCA were 1995? Imagination was 1998?

Technically, yes, those two albums in 1995 came first before Imagination, but they were relatively tentative steps back for Brian. They're good albums, but you can sense Brian is effectively dipping his toe into the water. Imagination is the full-throated return.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx