gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:40:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jerome Billet  (Read 2171 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2008, 08:02:43 PM »

Always wondered what happened with Brian post Landy, pre Melinda. I had asked a long while back if anybody had any info concerning Jerome Billet, who was Brian's attorney during that time period.

Well, I finally found some...
AWSUITS More bad vibrations for Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson, 53. The singer-songwriter filed suit against lawyer Jerome Billet, his former court-appointed conservator, claiming negligence and breach of fiduciary duty, Sept. 19 in Los Angeles. Billet was assigned to represent Wilson's interests in all legally binding contracts from 1992 to 1995 because a court had deemed the singer ''mentally incompetent.'' Wilson, who contends Billet misrepresented him in a variety of business dealings resulting in the loss of millions, is asking Los Angeles Superior Court to award him unspecified damages of at least $10 million. David C. Nelson, a lawyer for Billet, says, ''We're confident that Mr. Billet acted in the utmost good faith. He intends to defend [himself] against these claims vigorously.''

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,298985,00.html

Guess that was the fallout of the Mike Love lawsuit, huh? Obviously, Brian ended up with Melinda, but was Brian financially compensated in this suit?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:55 PM »

I guess that was around the time Brian got sue happy too. A band member told me  that he felt Melinda and Mike's wife pushed for the suits. I am not stating this as hard fact but id you look when the two couples got together it makes some sense. Of course the Beach Boys were never exactly strangers to court rooms from 1969 on.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx