gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:34:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hayden Grove  (Read 6138 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:39:34 PM »

Well the last time I posted a *real* song was way back when on the old board. Since then I dropped a few nothings upon your ears.

Today I bring a song i've been doing for the past three days.

I played everything except drums which were done by a friend.

There's no vocals because I hate my voice.

Enjoy,

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2D20EWHCIYYTO0LW2ERDPW8UYO

or for a streamed mp3 diminishing any work I put into the recording; http://myspace.com/haydengrove

Please listen I worked somewhat hard to do this. And am proud of it.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 07:16:22 PM by HeroesandVillains » Logged

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Jason
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »

You got that Daniel Johnston shiznit going on with your voice, Steve.
Chris D.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »

That was really nice.  Keep posting stuff as you finish it.  I can imagine some lyrics over this, but if you prefer intstrumentals, go for it.  Keep making it more intense.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 05:48:02 PM »

This instrumental has a great pop feel to it. I really think it's a clever piece, and some words and harmony would make this a knockout song in its own right. The istruments are played well, and it sounds like the mix is just the way you would want it. My only suggestion...and this is only if you intend to add a lead vocal and harmony, is to leave some 'holes' in the instrumental for the vocal and harmony to stand out, then bash back in with what you have going on, instrumentally...I guess it depends on ...do you think of your song as an intrumental? or a Backing track? That's the big question that has to be answered with this piece.............

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »

It is a song with vocals, the melody and words are all sorted out. I just haven't been able to get any good sounds from myself without overdoing it on a computer. Speaking of that, anyone know any good tips for recording vocals with a condenser mic? I know the whole standard procedure but my mic adds a ton of bass and completely undesired sound to my voice which I consider bad enough.

If you listen real close to the track you'll hear that it's very out of time for almost the whole song. I recorded most of it to a metronome by myself then later my friend added his drums to it. It took us a full day from, 10:15am to 3:45pm to get the decent take that's on that mix of it.

Thankyou for your comments though, very much appreciated.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Chris D.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »

Sure thing, jerk-off.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 02:09:04 PM »

Speaking of that, anyone know any good tips for recording vocals with a condenser mic? I know the whole standard procedure but my mic adds a ton of bass and completely undesired sound to my voice which I consider bad enough.

Stand back farther from it if it's too bassy.  You can stand pretty far away from condensers too, probably up to 6 or 7 feet before it will start to sound "distant."  It depends on the room you're in too.  I've never really like condensers on my voice.  I mean, I've certainly used them, but my favourite vocal mic is the Shure 545.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 02:45:15 PM »

Sure thing, jerk-off.

There was one episode of Seinfeld from the mid-90's where George calls someone a "Jerk off". I never thought it'd be cool for tv.

But thanks for your comments too man. I was getting round to replying last night but went to bed instead.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 02:52:08 PM »

Speaking of that, anyone know any good tips for recording vocals with a condenser mic? I know the whole standard procedure but my mic adds a ton of bass and completely undesired sound to my voice which I consider bad enough.

Stand back farther from it if it's too bassy.  You can stand pretty far away from condensers too, probably up to 6 or 7 feet before it will start to sound "distant."  It depends on the room you're in too.  I've never really like condensers on my voice.  I mean, I've certainly used them, but my favourite vocal mic is the Shure 545.

Thank you.

I'm sure the proximity effect was a big cause to the bad sounds I recorded. I'll be trying the more-distant mic'ing a little later on.

Chris D.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »

But thanks for your comments too man. I was getting round to replying last night but went to bed instead.

Too bad you're in high school man.  We need you here late nights.

Also, please write a song called, "You're Not Interesting (But Your Body's Okay)."
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »

The world needs more songs like that.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 04:27:52 PM »

How 'bout "You Bring Me Down, but your body's OK"?

a little nymph, walking down the street,
she comes into the place and takes a seat,
of all the women I've met today,
you bring me down but your body's OK
(om bop did-it...om bop dit-it) You bring me down , but your body says
(your body's OK)(etc)   hahaha

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Chris D.
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »

hahaha, first love, babiez
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx