gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:12:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arrangement of "I'll bet he's nice"  (Read 4192 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »

Here's an mp3 of old arrangement and recording (circa 2002, maybe) of "I'll bet he's nice."

It was done all at home by me, for fun, so forgive any performance or audio deficiencies--particularly my rudimentary drumming.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VHPMJDW59YWA1M54MXCFYBSQN

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »

I love this song so much.

I like what you did with it.

It has a nice modern sound to it.

When those block harmonies come in on yours and The Beach Boys' it just breaks my heart.

I'm still calling for a "Wake The World" though.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »

This is really very very good, and it marks the 1st time I've ever heard a guitar based "i'll bet he's nice"...everybody else used keyboards, natch...I was wondering how you could resist the harmony on the chorus, but you saved it til the end which was a nice touch. It sounds like the 1st verse and chorus was recorded at a different time than the rest of the song, and expertly spliced together, am I right? good job...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 06:08:18 PM »

particularly my rudimentary drumming.

As opposed to the Billy Cobhamesque chopsfest on the original...
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 07:24:28 PM »

It sounds like the 1st verse and chorus was recorded at a different time than the rest of the song, and expertly spliced together, am I right?

I honestly don't recall. If so, not terribly different times--likely within a couple of days. I'd have to check the original tracks and see what I did.

And thanks for the kind words.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx