gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:31:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl's Grave  (Read 11451 times)
sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2007, 01:18:37 AM »

I seen a photo of Carl's grave, at the bottom it said ( The worlds a far lesser place without you) Is this the real grave of carl wilson and if so, is this where the wilson's are buried, I know dennis was buried at sea but what about murry and audree. It looked like an average cemetery.

If you want to know me, listen to my music.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:37:55 AM »

I seen a photo of Carl's grave, at the bottom it said ( The worlds a far lesser place without you) Is this the real grave of carl wilson and if so, is this where the wilson's are buried, I know dennis was buried at sea but what about murry and audree. It looked like an average cemetery.

Carl is buried in Westwood Memorial Park. Other famous internees are James Coburn, Burt Lancaster, Roy Orbison & Minnie Ripperton. Audree is also buried there: Murry has an unmarked grave in Inglewood Park Cemetary.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:02:06 AM »

Carl is buried in Westwood Memorial Park. Other famous internees are James Coburn, Burt Lancaster, Roy Orbison & Minnie Ripperton. Audree is also buried there: Murry has an unmarked grave in Inglewood Park Cemetary.

I wonder why murry's grave is unmarked, no stone at all or just a blank one.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »

Unmarked means just that - no marker, no stone. Just a plot.

Boiled Egg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 04:29:06 AM »

that's a grim state of affairs.  any idea, agd, whether anything is implied by the lack of identifying factors on murry's resting place?  (if it's sour grapes, they're particularly sour...)

ps - minnie riperton?  dead?  where have i been?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 05:12:41 AM »

that's a grim state of affairs.  any idea, agd, whether anything is implied by the lack of identifying factors on murry's resting place?  (if it's sour grapes, they're particularly sour...)

Minnie Riperton, sadly, has been dead since 1979.  Her other-wordly performance of "Loving You" is truly one of the greatest recorded vocals ever!  She is eternal.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 05:29:03 AM »

Know what you're getting at but not everyone marks their final resting plot - Quaker graves are unmarked for example. Not that I'm thinking Murray was a Quaker, just that sour grapes ain't necessarily the reason for not marking his plot spot.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 05:47:59 AM »

Westwood Memorial is possibly the most sought-after final resting place in LA - check out this map:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Maps/PierceBrosMap.shtml

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 06:27:23 AM »

Carl looks to be near Dean Martin.  Coincidence?

Also, Lemmon near Mathau.

And some I didn't know were gone.

Also..............a mere 2 months before the 10th aniversary of Carl's passing.       Seems like a couple of years to me.  Where does the time go?
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:08 AM »

I would assume it is unmarked to prevent it being a point of graffiti on the cemetery grounds.
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 09:58:12 AM »

Carl's grave is next to that of Minnie Riperton.

Two angelic voices.
49ersphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

[/quote]

Minnie Riperton, sadly, has been dead since 1979.  Her other-wordly performance of "Loving You" is truly one of the greatest recorded vocals ever!  She is eternal.
[/quote]

Check out "Inside my Love" if you;ve not heard it already  Cool

Close your eyes and lean back and listen to wind chimes
sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »

I wonder if Brian or his family visit carl's grave.

harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »

These are the "find-a-grave" entries for:

Carl:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=2491

Murry:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6005911&ref=acom

Audree:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5450

William C Wilson

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=62676509

Emily Glee Wilson Love:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=109759833

Confession:  I spent 10 minutes trying to find Dennis's grave on the site before the penny dropped

Embarrassed
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »

I was blown away a few years ago when I realized that Maya Rudolph was Minnie Riperton's daughter.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 04:42:34 AM »

Oh heavens, as Andrew indicated, it is not an average cemetery but rather one of the most extraordinary in all of California . among the others buried there are Mel Torme, Buddy Rich, and Marilyn Monroe, and Natalie Wood and Peggy Lee. it is an extraordinary place and an amazing one to visit. Jim Backus is there and so is Frank Zappa in unmarked grave. I hope all these messages clarify for our board member here that Carl is buried in one of the most historical and amazing places in all of the world among some of the most famous figures and entertainment history. I'm sure that between Andrew and me we have left out many many others.

een a photo of Carl's grave, at the bottom it said ( The worlds a far lesser place without you) Is this the real grave of carl wilson and if so, is this where the wilson's are buried, I know dennis was buried at sea but what about murry and audree. It looked like an average cemetery.
[/quote]
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:31 AM »

My links above show where Murry and Audree are located.

The link for Carl's grave shows how close it is to Minnie's. There's a kind of poetic grace to it: two angelic voices.

Extra info: Alan Boyd informed me by PM in 1998 that all the surviving Beach Boys were at Audree's funeral, so that might be when Carl was last present in the same place as the other 4 before his death.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:20:54 AM by harrisonjon » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 07:43:44 AM »

The Wikipedia entry includes an up to date list of the famous and formerly famous interred there:

Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery

Extra info: Alan Boyd informed me by PM in 1998 that all the surviving Beach Boys were at Audree's funeral, so that might be when Carl was last present in the same place as the other 4 before his death.

Given the funeral was very likely early/mid December 1997, that's a near certainty. Brian last saw Carl when they both watched the 1998 Super Bowl at Jimmy Guercio's house, January 25th. He died nine days later.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:55:27 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

KDS
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 08:02:54 AM »

The Wikipedia entry includes an up to date list of the famous and formerly famous interred there:

Given the funeral was very likely early/mid December 1997, that's a near certainty. Brian last saw Carl when they both watched the 1998 Super Bowl at Jimmy Guercio's house, January 25th. He died nine days later.

Didn't The Beach Boys play the pregame of that Super Bowl?  If so, what was the lineup?  Mike, Bruce, David, and Al?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 08:16:20 AM »

Didn't The Beach Boys play the pregame of that Super Bowl?  If so, what was the lineup?  Mike, Bruce, David, and Al?

Not... exactly. Footnote from the page for the 1998 concerts & sessions, from the utterly outstanding Bellagio 10452 website:

"Although generally regarded as the first time the phrase "America's Band" was used in relation to a quasi-beach Boys line-up, the official billing of the band for this show was (deep breath) "A Tribute To The Beach Boys Featuring Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Glen Campbell, Dean Torrance, and John Stamos". Reportedly, the first Alan knew of this was when he saw it on the Super Bowl broadcast. Twilight Zone time:not only did Alan watch the game, but so did Brian & Carl, when the former was visiting the latter. It was the last time Brian saw his brother alive."

Dear lord, I've just realised that Christmas Eve next year, 10452 will be fifteen years old. My boy done grew up.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:19:54 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

KDS
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 08:24:29 AM »

Andrew,

Thanks for the info.  

Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing the story of Al watching the game, but I didn't realize that the act wasn't billed as "The Beach Boys."  
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:26:29 AM by KDS » Logged
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:57 AM »

I've visited this cemetery with the specific reason on paying respects to Carl but as many have said there are A LOT of stars buried there and you can spend quite a bit of time there. If I recall correctly, I had a very hard time finding the place even with a GPS as it's literally sandwiched between office buildings and a neighborhood. While not a pleasant thought, with his mother and brother buried there, I wonder if Brian has plans for this to also be his final resting place as well.
Gee
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »

These are the "find-a-grave" entries for:

Etc.

Find a graaaaaaaaave, find a graaaaaaaaave, in the sun-sun-summetimeeee
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56:47 AM »

Westwood Memorial is possibly the most sought-after final resting place in LA - check out this map:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Maps/PierceBrosMap.shtml

Hollywood Forever and Burbank Forrest Lawn are much more sought after.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »

I hope all these messages clarify for our board member here that Carl is buried in one of the most historical and amazing places in all of the world among some of the most famous figures and entertainment history. I'm sure that between Andrew and me we have left out many many others.

Eh, it's amazing historically, but visually, it's an average-slightly-below-average cemetery.

There's this one cemetery in the foothills of my old town that's full of turn of the century and older graves of people who built this town, and the setting is simply AMAZING for a cemetery.

The cemetery where Carl Wilson is buried is pretty unspectacular in a visual sense, especially when you factor in the fact that a lot of people buried there should have tons of money to waste on extravagant graves in a breathtaking location.....

here's a vid of Carl Wilson's grave, probably taken by a current or former SmileySmile.net board member: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAywCht7k1U
Here

No mas, por favor.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx