gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681290 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 05:31:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Dan Fogelberg  (Read 3774 times)
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »

I'm not that familiar with his music, but he was a big name back in the '70s.  He wasn't very old, either.  I saw the news on an Eagles site, and it was confirmed on his own site:

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:00:33 PM »

Very sad news.  I was always a fan of Dan's music, from the time I was a little kid.

He was a tremendous talent, a wonderful singer, songwriter, and musician. 

Rest in peace, Dan.  You will be missed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »

Sucks. My wife & I were just talking about him yesterday, as my wife heard "Same Old Lang Syne" the other day and was asking who did it.

Here's something else that gets me... he was born on my birthday (well, same date, just different year, obviously), and he dies on the day that my daughter turned 5 months old.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »

Actually, I probably do know his music.  It gets played at lot in supermarkets.  It's the kind of music that makes me feel depressed, just from the sound of it.  But he had a lot of talent at what he did.  He also must have been a sweet person, just going by his lyrics ("Longer," "Leader of the Band," written for his father).   A good guy.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »

Never cared much for his songs or style.  Seemed a bit syrupy for my tastes.  I prefer steak, not cake.

But a damned shame about the prostate cancer. 

Guys...especially you older guys;

GET YOUR PSA NEXT VISIT TO THE DOCTOR.  Early, very early detection ,  as witrh the psa test, is the key to survival.

Some forms of prostate cancer spread like wildfire.   Like with Bill Bixby.  My doc once said, either you're Bill Bixby, or you're not, referirng to chances for survival with specific  types of this cancer. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »

Quite a shame.  I was never particularly a fan of his but interestingly enough one of my high school English teachers taught him. 

And it's also sad news that it has been announced that Stephen Stills has been diagnosed with prostate cancer as well.  Hopefully he'll have better luck with it than Fogelberg did. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx