gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:20:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRIAN WILSON COVERS HERMAN'S HERMITS CLASSIC FOR NEW ALBUM  (Read 1676 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »

from 'The Eagle's 103.9 FM Rock News'

http://www.1039theeagle.com/rocknews.shtml

Good classic rock daily news website.

Wonder if Brian is recording two albums.  'TLOS' and other new originals; and his 'Rock' album with 'IISG',  'Proud Mary' and others???

BRIAN WILSON COVERS HERMAN'S HERMITS CLASSIC FOR NEW ALBUM

Brian Wilson has recorded a cover of Herman's Hermits' 1964 hit "I'm Into Something Good," with the song's co-composer Carole King sitting in at the session.

King was quoted by The Sydney Morning Herald as saying, "The environment that Brian creates has a lot to do with the fact that he carries with him a childlike innocence and spontaneity. That is one facet to his brilliance, and yet he is like a savant. You have to care for and nurture that quality because he brings out a protective nature in those around him."

Wilson has been working on his latest solo album for over a year in Los Angeles with co-producer Scott Bennett. There has been no release date announced for the still-untitled set.

Wilson spoke to The Herald about the genesis of his latest extended piece, called That Lucky Old Sun, which he premiered overseas last summer, explaining that he's always amazed when the muse gets hold of him: "It's an experience to always remember. I said to myself, 'I wonder if I can?' I don't know. I didn't know until one day I went to the keyboard and said, 'God, please help me write a song.' And I just said a little prayer. And I'll be God-darned, gosh-darned if he didn't help me write a song, 'Morning Bee' (from That Lucky Old Sun)."

* He explained why his voice is sounding the strongest it has in years, and attributes it to his new vocal exercises: "I'm doing exercises, different sounds, and different vowels that bring out the different muscles in your throat, y'know? And if you cover enough of the vowels then that will strengthen your voice 50 percent."
    * Brian Wilson is among the honorees for the 2007 Kennedy Center Honors, to be held on December 2nd in Washington, D.C. The Kennedy Center Honors Gala will be broadcast for the 30th consecutive year, on December 26th on CBS.
    * The honorees, which also include Diana Ross, Martin Scorsese, Steve Martin and pianist Leon Fleischer, will be seated with President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush during the gala to be held at the Kennedy Center Opera House.

Carole King and James Taylor will return to Los Angeles' legendary club The Troubadour for three nights starting tonight (November 28th), November 29th, and 30th, in celebration of the club's 50th anniversary. The pair first performed together at the club in 1969.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:49:43 PM »

will be seated with President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush during the gala to be held at the Kennedy Center Opera House.

epic! LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »

Journalists are so parasitic.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »

"The environment that Brian creates has a lot to do with the fact that he carries with him a childlike innocence and spontaneity. That is one facet to his brilliance, and yet he is like a savant. You have to care for and nurture that quality because he brings out a protective nature in those around him."

Those are 3 of the best sentences I have seen about Brian Wilson in a long long time. A concise and accurate observation of what makes up the soul of this particular artist.

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »

ROCK ON ..Brian..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx