gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 09:00:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A very cool idea  (Read 1707 times)
markcharles75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »

Hello All

After watching the new "McCartney Years" dvd, an idea occured to me:  wouldn't it be cool to have a deluxe 3 disc set like Mccartney's but for the Beach Boys?  I mean, gather all (or most) of their videos, promos (i.e. you need a mess of help from CATP) and other goodies, clean it all up, remaster it and put it out.  In the extras they could include something like the It's Ok special, all cleaned up and remastered.  In the menus, I am sure they could find some awesome footage or home movies also.  Anyone who has seen the layout for the new McCartney dvd will get the idea.  Now I know I am seriously dreaming here....but if everyone got on board somehow, took the time to honor the bands legacy (and what a legacy it is) and do it for the music, I am sure it would be supercool AND sell! I cannot see Mike Love objecting to something like that.  Everyone could get involved.   HA!  Dreaming I know....Comments?

Mark

"Watch the balloon you buy just to let fly away..."
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

That is a very cool idea. With the various phases the group went through since 1961(!), it would be fascinating just to see the different changes in appearance, style, and music. And, for someone like me who has VHS tapes all over the place, with snippets here and there, it would be great to get it all in one organized place, at least the songs and videos.
Wilsonista
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:48:43 PM »

From the folks who assemble such releases, you hear about how difficult it is to compile these sets (the actual work at restoring the footage, audio, songclearances, etc).  But there have been some good releases from other artists. I haven't seen the Paul set (Hello Santa!!!!) but I do have the first two volumes of KISSology.  Talk about an embarassment of riches! Major TV appearances/performances, a few concerts in their entirety and KISS made-for-TV movie to boot.  A 3 disc set wouldn't satiate the overly rabid portion of the fan base (go to the 910's message board and you'll see plenty of criticism about the McCartney set), but if BRI and Capitol decided to follow suit with a similar BB release, I would gladly plunk down my pennies and dimes.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 01:24:43 AM »

This is indeed a cool idea, but I can't see it happening. I have dreamt about a release of this kind for a long time (well about a year anyway - I've only been a fan for two years).. but I think whoever puts it out will slowly release pieces of footage one by one.. so that you have to continuously buy 2 or 3 clips here and there as bonuses for greatest hits compilations etc..
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:55:28 AM »

Well, in the extras they could include the 1966 Oppenheim footage...

...or not  Tongue

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 02:55:40 AM »

I think in the case of Kiss though, they (most probably Gene) have been very fastidious about their business dealings so they own all their stuff from all eras of their career, whereas the BB stuff is most probably a mess. Thats where youtube comes in handy (at least until it gets taken down!)

The Macca one looks good but apparently still is not completely all-encompassing, there are still a lot of Macca videos not accounted for on it. The Bowie DVD was good though, I think that did have all his videos in chronological order.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx