-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Drew Carey on Price is Right...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Drew Carey on Price is Right...  (Read 6498 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2007, 09:10:20 AM »

Anyone else feel awkward watching him host?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »

It will take some getting use to, but I like it.....could be worse.....Rosie O'Donnell could be hosting.....
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 09:36:51 AM »

that is true...i just feel like he doesnt know what he's doing

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:53:10 PM »

I kind of always feel like Drew Carey doesn't know what he's doing. I used to watch Whose Line is it Anyway (US version), and at the end when he'd participate...   Huh     Undecided     Embarrassed

But then, I haven't seen him host Price is Right. Bob Barker is immortalized in my mind... those days home sick from school or off from school and watching with my grandmother, who has been gone for 20 years... Screw Drew Carey!   Evil

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »

I think he's a lot better in The Price is Right than Whose Line... He's just an 'awkward' guy...but I think he's funny.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:57 AM »

They should get Kathy Kinney(Mimi) to take Rod Rodney's place, and she could call Drew "pig" whenever she tells a contestant to come on down.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Wilsonista
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 04:36:21 PM »

I think CBS should have pulled the plug on the show when Bob retired.  Bob barker WAS TPIR just as much as Johnny carson was the Tonight Show.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 11:14:58 AM »

I think CBS should have pulled the plug on the show when Bob retired.  Bob barker WAS TPIR just as much as Johnny carson was the Tonight Show.
The Tonight Show has lived on for 15 years under Leno's watch, and I'm looking forward to when Conan takes over from Leno. I think the price is right will survive under Carey. TPIR needed some major updating anyways. I hope Drew ends up hosting it as long as Barker did.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:47:21 PM »

yeah, not a big fan of Leno here...O'brian is great...hope he's still the same when he takes over

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 06:09:53 PM »

I'm pretty much counting the days for O'brien to take over the tonight show...I think hes a thousand times greater than leno...

--
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »

I don't understand why Leno is number one, seeing as he isn't funny and has no interviewing skills, and that's pretty much the job in a nutshell. I guess Letterman just doesn't appeal to a lot of people, but he's proven himself to be a classy person on more than one occasion. It's Letterman who is O'Brien's mentor-- not Leno. O'Brien has certainly put in his time for the Tonight Show slot.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 07:44:49 AM »

i just really hope conan still  has that attitude of: "oh god, are we recording?"

i love it whenever he makes a joke and then frowns and says: "wow, i have wasted 5 minutes of your life."

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 10:37:47 AM »

Letterman is in a league of his own. He's great, and to this day I just don't get why NBC would choose Leno over Letterman...

--
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »

I prefer Jimmy Kimmell myself...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: