gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:59:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK producer Bullion's Pet Sounds: in the Key of Dee?????????  (Read 3050 times)
DJ M
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »

What is this?  Has anyone over here heard this mash-up of PS & J Dilla?  Weird.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=6054
SG7
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »

It's basically what they (rappers) are mixing it into a hip hop kind of sound. Similar to something Hippocamp Ruins Pet Sounds or my favorite one from a while back, Kayne West and Pet Sounds  LOL It's different. If you can't stand hip hop, don't listen to it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »

I can't stop listening to the 'I Just Wasn't Made For These Times' remix. Can't really get into any other mix on this album, but that 'IJWMFTTs' is great....though I virtually grew up on Eminem so I love beats like that.

^and I agree with SurferGirl7....if you're not into hip-hop this could almost seem blasphemous haha Razz

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 03:35:57 AM »

This is one of the best of this sort of BB mashups I've heard by far. I often listen to it. I think some work better than others but for the most part it's pretty great. He's a reasonably respected producer I think:

http://www.allmusic.com/album/you-drive-me-to-plastic-r2183450

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »

I just saw Questlove tweeting about this a couple days ago after talking about how the SMiLE box set was a sampling goldmine.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:03:28 AM »

questlove Questo of The Roots
@thegreatiq yeah, dilla laughed at me when I told him get pet sounds box. 4 months later that mofo was like "whooooo!" On the phone lol.

yo. this SMILE boxset is a friggin GOLDmine of sampleable ish and treats.

That's awesome!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »

Hey all! Thanks to guitarfool2000 posting this:

I decided to have a hand at remixing Heroes and Villains. It's got parts from a lot of sections from the Heroes and Villains session disc (and also a vocal from the Pet Sounds Sessions (cheating? yeah, but it sounds good I think!)). Let me know what you think of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bVIYjgewY4

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »

I decided to have a hand at remixing Heroes and Villains. It's got parts from a lot of sections from the Heroes and Villains session disc (and also a vocal from the Pet Sounds Sessions (cheating? yeah, but it sounds good I think!)). Let me know what you think of it!

Wow! very cool, especially with how the Unreleased Background vocal fits over the cantina part
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:59:29 PM by GeorgeFellInHisHorn » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »

That's f*cking ace  Grin

My mate showed the Questlove tweet today, and it's amazing. The dude has got banging taste.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:56:15 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »

Wow! very cool, especially with how the Unreleased Background vocal fits over the cantina part

Thanks! Yeah, it was a pain to make it fit (I had to snip sections and double-layer the vocals to make it sound right). Besides the 'Children were raised sections' I had to speed up or slow down the tempo of every sample. But I think it was worth the time!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx