gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:58:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Surf's up

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Surf's up - Brad Elliott  (Read 7839 times)
Guy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »

I saw this book last week in a record store, it was the first edition of the book. It it still rare and is it just a extensive discography or are there also articles in it? It was only $9, I should have just bought it, right?
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 11:42:01 AM »

It is outdated but still vital -doesn't list CDs of course- but has all album by the group, members appearances on other peoples albums, etc- no real articles in it, just lots of data- release dates, singles, etc. He has a chapter on unreleased material- but that is pretty outdated-since quite a few of the songs mentioned have since come out as bonus tracks on the cds or on the 93 box or Hawthorne
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »

For me the most important aspect of this book is the very fact that it is outdated!

It gives a fascinating glimpse of a world before Smile officially saw the light of day...   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx