gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 10:18:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Me, Rhonda - "Stack-O-Tracks"  (Read 1278 times)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:10:47 AM »

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but the version on Stack-O-Tracks is missing a guitar overdub.. has anyone else noticed this?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 06:51:59 AM »

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but the version on Stack-O-Tracks is missing a guitar overdub.. has anyone else noticed this?

Oh, yeah.  I think it's also missing a bass part or piano solo too.  A couple of those SOT mixes have the same problem ("Wild Honey" is missing some percussion).  Why?  Well...because certain elements of certain songs were added at the last minute WHILE THE SONG WAS ACTUALLY BEING MIXED (unheard of these days), which means they are not on the multi-track master.   
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »

Oh, yeah.  I think it's also missing a bass part or piano solo too.  A couple of those SOT mixes have the same problem ("Wild Honey" is missing some percussion).  Why?  Well...because certain elements of certain songs were added at the last minute WHILE THE SONG WAS ACTUALLY BEING MIXED (unheard of these days), which means they are not on the multi-track master.   

I thought that was the reason. Thanks C-man. I just haven't listened to Stack-O-Tracks for ages (and when I last did I wouldn't have noticed it anyway) and I put on Help Me Rhonda and was listening out for that guitar around the 2 minute mark and I heard nothing.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 12:26:51 AM »

"Help Me Rhonda" isn't on "Stack-O-Tracks".  Roll Eyes

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:15:27 AM »

"Help Me Rhonda" isn't on "Stack-O-Tracks".  Roll Eyes

Don't get so technical!! Razz My point is it's on the Stack-O-Tracks CD!! I don't own the vinyl.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx