gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 02:53:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if the BB had faked 15 Big Ones? (more than they did!)  (Read 4675 times)
MBE
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 12:21:52 AM »

There was a great outtake from 15 Big Ones that nobody has mentioned called "Michael Row The Boat Ashore". Mike's lead is nice, Brian's reaching some high notes and it has an interesting and fairly tranquil production.

Somebody finally mentioned this song! Thank you!

This is my favorite unreleased Beach Boys' song of all. Love it. I read somewhere that Al produced it but it is so Brian. The "Sloop John B" intro, the backing track, the "allelujah" backing vocals, and Mike's lead vocal is great. I'm surprised they and/or Brian never resurrected this one.

I am almost certain it's Brian who produced. I think Al's name got mixed in there because it was to be included (for some odd reason) on the 1977 Xmas album. As far as Mony, Mony that is Brian at the end showing how shrill and thin his voice got. Worst covers to me is School Days, and (Remember) Waliking In The Sand. Sorry for the earlier typo.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:55:09 AM by MBE » Logged
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 01:37:22 AM »

(...)
Worst covers to me is School Days, and Waliking In The Sane

I think you meant "Remember (Walking In The Sand)". The worst cover EVER by the Beach Boys.  Tongue The original (by the Shangri-Las) is such a fantastic song!  Shocked

By the way, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that enjoys listening to "Mony Mony" and "Michael, Row The Boat Ashore"!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:39:33 AM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 04:31:08 AM »

15 Big Rock'n'Roll Ones:

Rock and Roll Music
Palisades Park
Chapel of Love
Blueberry Hill
Talk to Me etc
Mony Mony
Peggy Sue
Shake, Rattle and Roll
Running Bear
Come Go With Me
Sea Cruise
On Broadway
A Casual Look
In the Still of the Night
Just Once In My Life

Don't expect too much from it and you might just enjoy it.  A Beach Boys Good As I've Been To You.  Of course,  it would be better if Talk to Me was the whole song...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:33:26 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx