gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 09:36:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis' drumming  (Read 1733 times)
jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »

I've been watching Billy's Dennis documentary on Flasher. (surprised no one has been discussing it here.) Anyway--one of the people he interviewed said that Dennis began playing left handed once he returned to drumming after he injured his hand. I had never paid attention to how he drummed (right vs left) but is that true? Not knowing much about drumming, is that a hard change to make?
Also--what is everyone's impression of Billy's documentary? I'm hoping there will be more stories as it goes on. Right now it is very thin on detail, big on generalities of Dennis' personality.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 02:30:44 PM »

I've been watching Billy's Dennis documentary on Flasher. (surprised no one has been discussing it here.) Anyway--one of the people he interviewed said that Dennis began playing left handed once he returned to drumming after he injured his hand. I had never paid attention to how he drummed (right vs left) but is that true? Not knowing much about drumming, is that a hard change to make?
Also--what is everyone's impression of Billy's documentary? I'm hoping there will be more stories as it goes on. Right now it is very thin on detail, big on generalities of Dennis' personality.

Dennis drummed "goofyfoot" or right on snare, left on high-hat right from the start. He made no change after his '71 hand injury, plenty of before and after footage to document this. I think he was referring to an earlier injury, maybe when he was a kid.
MBE
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »

From what I understand there is very little footage of Dennis. I wish that he had at least included the material from the oop Road Less Traveled DVD.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »

From what I understand there is very little footage of Dennis. I wish that he had at least included the material from the oop Road Less Traveled DVD.

The One in a Million footage from the '74 tour is included.
MBE
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »

That's cool because I wanted to see that, can you tell me a little more about the sketch Dennis did that isn't?
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

Dennis drummed "goofyfoot" or right on snare, left on high-hat right from the start. He made no change after his '71 hand injury, plenty of before and after footage to document this. I think he was referring to an earlier injury, maybe when he was a kid.

Drummed goofy foot but surfed natural foot - well there you go!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx