gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 09:06:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carnie on another reality show as an aspiring country artist  (Read 2922 times)
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:40:31 AM »

Season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo will be one of seven performers featured on Gone Country, a new reality show premiering on CMT in January. The show offers singers from other genres a chance to “break out as the next big country star.” Sounds like Nashville Star meets Surreal Life. Diana will be competing against Carnie Wilson (Wilson Phillips), Dee Snider (Twisted Sister), Julio Iglasias, Jr., Maureen McCormick (The Brady Bunch), and R&B artist Sisqo.

Didn't Maureen McCormick already release a country album?  She will definitely have an edge.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:43:44 AM »

You got this from The Onion, right?  LOL
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »

Season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo will be one of seven performers featured on Gone Country, a new reality show premiering on CMT in January. The show offers singers from other genres a chance to “break out as the next big country star.” Sounds like Nashville Star meets Surreal Life. Diana will be competing against Carnie Wilson (Wilson Phillips), Dee Snider (Twisted Sister), Julio Iglasias, Jr., Maureen McCormick (The Brady Bunch), and R&B artist Sisqo.

Didn't Maureen McCormick already release a country album?  She will definitely have an edge.

Is Sisquo gonna sing a country version of the "Thong Song"?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »

I was just thinking about Carnie because I was listening to Carnie & Wendy's Hey Santa CD....

Carnie is a really good singer. I especially like her vocals on "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", and, an underrated gem, "We Three Kings/Silent Night/Hark The Herald Angels Sings" (along w/ Wendy). Also, a great vocal performance from Carnie is on "Bells Of Madness/Fantasy Is Reality".
sherryluvsbrian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:47:36 PM »

I never knew she released an album. I didn't  know she could really sing.

If you want to know me, listen to my music.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 12:38:45 AM »

You got this from The Onion, right?  LOL
No, it's real.  We'll see how it pans out...sounds interesting.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 01:29:56 AM »

I always thought Wendy's voice would suit country.  But since she's more publicity-shy and now has four really young kids, she's not going to be appearing on any reality shows.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 01:46:27 AM »

I always thought Wendy's voice would suit country.  But since she's more publicity-shy and now has four really young kids, she's not going to be appearing on any reality shows.

Shocked Four kids??  Last I remember, she had just had her first!  Time flies!
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »

I just got Carnie's Christmas CD.  It's quite good; she is a very good singer.  I'll give her credit for taking on "Merry Christmas Darling" because NO ONE can sing it like Karen Carpenter did.

Wendy does some backup vocals on the CD as well as Marilyn (The Honeys).

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »

Wendy has a dance album in the works... Quite disappointing since dance music isn't exactly my cup of tea. I also think her voice would really have suited a country album! You can listen to a few songs of the dance album here:

http://www.dwhome.us/wendydancemusic.html

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »

I like Carnie's voice, but why is so much of her music in that adult contempo style. It's as if she inherited none of Brian's musical imagination.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. If she likes that style of music, good for her. I have trouble listening to it.  I do like her more upbeat stuff better.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 03:12:35 PM »

Wendy has a dance album in the works... Quite disappointing since dance music isn't exactly my cup of tea. I also think her voice would really have suited a country album! You can listen to a few songs of the dance album here:

http://www.dwhome.us/wendydancemusic.html

I'm listening to Rhythm is All You Need right now. This isn't the sort of genre I usually listen to myself, either, but it sounds pretty good, I guess. I don't know. I like the sax.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:13:45 PM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx