-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  across the universe?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: across the universe?  (Read 4761 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »

anyone seen it yet?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Wilsonista
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 10:11:17 PM »

I did.
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 10:14:44 PM »

How is it? I don't go to the movies alone and nobody I know wants to see it, so I guess I'll have to wait for it to come to video.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:08:29 AM »

I would love to see it but its not playing near me.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:14:32 AM »

it just came to my theatre this past weekend, i thought it was amazing.

i'd say my fav sequence was I want you/She's so Heavy...with the army scenes, good stuff

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 12:37:27 PM »

You have to be ready to see a musical.  I  ducked into the thing at a multiplex while waiting for another movie to start.  Saw a few minutes.    Reminded me of a retro psychedelic singing in the rain.  But I have never cared for musicals beyond the Blues Brothers.
  My teen daughter loved it...but didn't get the references to Kesey and the bus etc.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 09:36:25 AM »

Just saw it this weekend, since its finally playing in my neck of the woods. I don't normally care for musicals, (South Park movie, Blues Brothers, Monkees' Head, Yellow Submarine being the only real exceptions) but I liked this movie. There were some parts where the plot ran pretty thin, specifically events shaping Jude and Lucy's relationship, and the part where they sing "Dear Prudence" to get Prudence to come out of the closet was a little too corny for me, but the visuals more than made up for the dull parts. Bono was pretty convincing as an LSD guru. I wish I'd been high when I watched it.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 08:32:13 AM »

i agree, i wish i would have been too...and the dear prudence part is kinda ridiculous...eddie izzard as mr. kite was pretty cool

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: