gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:41:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV Theme Songs  (Read 24466 times)
monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2006, 08:08:04 PM »

In a 70's trucker-kinda way-- the Merle Haggard tune from the TV show of the same name: Movin' On.
"10-4 good buddy, and we'll catch you on the flipside. I'm 10-10 on the side."

Also: Lost In Space- 2nd season
Twilight Zone
Addams Family
Nanny and the Professor
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2006, 08:08:40 PM »

Claude Akins OWNS!

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
sugarandspice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2006, 08:17:19 PM »

Welcome Back Cotter

Happy Days

Smallville (what can I say I am a geek)

Twilight Zone

Cops

Simpsons

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 08:42:41 PM by sugarandspice » Logged
monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2006, 09:51:01 PM »

Claude Akins OWNS!
You know it!  :D
sugarandspice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2006, 04:25:44 PM »

Scooby Doo
Batman (animated)
 Flintsones

xoxo suga

sugarandspice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2006, 05:40:09 PM »

In West Philadelpiha born and raised on the playground is where I spend most of my days...( I love you fresh prince.)

Jem

Sesame Street

xoxo
suga
  oh yeah  x-men is awesome too.. both eveloution and the one from my hay day....
Gotta love the odd couple as well...
I Love Lucy
Unsolved Mysteries
Mash
Family Guy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 06:29:09 PM by sugarandspice » Logged
cabinessence
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2006, 09:42:17 PM »

Perry Mason's theme is maybe my absolute favorite. It swaggers suavely like Raymond Burr in the courtroom (back before he was  fat and Ironside. I like his theme too.)

If it has to be a 'song' for the thread , put Ozzy Osbourne's 'Perry Mason' lyrics on top: different song but same 'theme'

One more pure musical one. Ennio Morricone's "Men from Shiloh Theme" for the last radically retooled (enter Stewart Granger and Lee Majors) set of episodes for The Virginian has to be the coolest: The Only spaghetti western music ever for an American television horse opera , and written by the maestro himself! This rocks.

Also, Dallas, the National Geographic Theme, The Prisoner, The Munsters, the "we gotta be free" tag at the end of The Monkees.

Here's more of the rest, heavy on early childhood headbanging music

Mighty Hercules (sung by Johnny Nash)
Astro Boy ("Everything is GO!")
Speed Racer
Beany & Cecil (I love how the animator plugged himself every seven minutes: "A Bob Clam-pett Cartuuune!" Worth noting that the music and songs within the shows were always way above average: from bongo abstract expressionist jazz through coffee house folk trio ballads to that great tin pan alley rock and roll number "Rag Mop")
Beverly Hillbillies
Big World of Little Adam
It's About Time (It's About Space)

I also liked how Soupy Sales' competitors Sandy Becker and Chuck McCann in New York did tons of hip 'music videos'  in the Ernie Kovacs style to trip out the kids and amuse-dismay the elders, like Sandy's chromakeyed interpretation of "Mister Bass Man" (Sandy in Sgt. Pepper uniform with a baton and cokebottle glasses leaping about against psychedelic backdrops ), and especially Chuck's truly amazing take on "Flowers on the Wall" by The Statler Brothers. It featured Chuck from the neck down in grotty underclothes ,feet up on a coffee table filled with  solitaire cards spilling everywhere,  empty beer bottles, and an overflowing ashtray, chain smoking and watching TV to go with the lyrics: "Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo, nothin' better to do ", and sure enough Chuck was also featured on the tube playing the Captain himself, making incredibly inane (on target) small talk with "Mister Bunny Rabbit"! (BTW 'Captain Kangaroo' in context meant you'd stayed up all night staring at the tube past the 'Late Movie' until slightly past dawn, adult dark night of the soul melodramas melting into second childhood with gentle kiddy hosts waiting to take you away, ah ha! The original tune, I must say, is the most insightful sixties commentary on depressive-addictive  TV Watching patterns ever writ, and McCann (an undersung genius who played an all night movie Projectionist in a cult film of that name and  era) totally got its point and translated it into video! Brian Wislon would probably understand and agree.)  Is this only archived in my head? Were the tapes wiped? I hope not. I'd sacrifice the other takes of Helter Skelter just to see and hear this again!

EDIT: R.I.P. Nam June Paik, dead a couple days ago. He wasn't 'musical' or on TV exactly but he invented the idea of TV Music Video if anybody did (him, Ernie Kovacs, Sandy Becker and Chuck McCann, anyhow), a name everyone invoked when MTV was still young:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 12:45:41 AM by cabinessence » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2006, 09:48:57 AM »

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
king of anglia
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2006, 10:02:57 AM »

QUANTUM LEAP
henrymoon
Smiley Smile Associate

make love not war

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »

To me, Mike Post's TV show themes were typically interesting.

Anyone remember The Greatest American Hero?

For this side of the Atlantic, The Sweeney was The Business...

"Those who will not reason are bigots, those who cannot are fools, and those who dare not are slaves." -- Brian Something
Evenreven
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2006, 08:42:05 AM »

EDIT: R.I.P. Nam June Paik, dead a couple days ago. He wasn't 'musical' or on TV exactly but he invented the idea of TV Music Video if anybody did (him, Ernie Kovacs, Sandy Becker and Chuck McCann, anyhow), a name everyone invoked when MTV was still young:

I hadn't noticed this. Thanks for posting.
R.I.P. Nam June Paik, you will be missed.
mark goddard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »

Angela's theme by Bob james for the show Taxi
also Barney Miller
psychedelia
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2006, 06:09:13 AM »

Don't know if it has been mentioned but, Best Friend by Harry Nilsson is great!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx