gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:33:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10cc  (Read 4562 times)
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »

IMO, Definitely one of the best bands of the 70's and one of the best arty pop bands ever.  Of course I only mean their first four albums.

10cc
Sheet Music
Original Soundtrack
How Dare You

They are fantastic and their later albums showed that the two groups of guys in the band needed each other.  If you haven't heard them, download The Things We Do For Love, Rubber Bullets, and Don't Hang Up.  You WILL be impressed and hooked.  Very BW, Macca influenced with that "kitchen sink" style production. Genius...too bad they split....
Jason
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »

Nice to see a 10cc fan that mentions songs other than I'm Not In Love. Kudos.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

I'm Not In Love is one of the most corrosive and heartbreaking songs ever made.
And the rest is great, too.
Graham Gouldman, one of the two main songwriters, wrote primo hits for the Yardbirds (Heart Full Of Soul, For Your Love), among others.

Just saw your post, Jason. Oops.  Kiss

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

Check the Serge thread, Ian.
no
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 06:21:38 PM »

I really like Gouldman's tunes for the Hollies and Herman's Hermits. Some of the 60's finest.

RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 08:51:53 AM »

They blow my mind.  Clockwork Creep with headphones is astounding, definitely one of the masters of the studio in the 70's. Experiemental pop by far but as catchy as the Beach Boys and The Beatles by far. 
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:33:28 PM »

Yeah, I'm also an exculsively first four album man, although I also like some Godley & Creme (and yes I do have the Consequences box set - anyone else want to own up to that?) - of which I think How Dare You is their masterpiece. They were just slightly too clever for their own good though (a bit like Steely Dan but with a pop sensibility rather than a jazz one). The Dean And I is my favourite BB pastiche along with the Trade Winds NY surfer single.

Also Loved Cry by Godley & Creme, great single and fantastic video for the time.
cabinessence
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »

Totally agree about Cry, which remains my favorite video to date. It seemed like the beginning of the real music video revolution just ahead, but apparently I was mistaken! Are there ANY imaginitive videos conceived anymore? Is the format really inherently that shallow and overly plowed since almost day one?

I got on board with the band from minus day one with some of them on Neanderthal Man (Srewart, Godley, Creme as Hot Legs; heard this a lot in England one summer), and loved the first several records when they were new (have curdled a little on me now). Not in Love is beyond criticism, a great song (and the "(Now, now) Big Boys Don't Cry" bit in the middle is beyond brilliance! especially for a song aimed at launching itself into the top ten)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:59:10 PM by cabinessence » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »

I just recently got into 10cc and i think they're amazing...

I'm not in love is just soooo good..

and i really love their debut album: the Dean and I, Donna, Johnny don't do it...great stuff

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
blazer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 09:13:28 PM »

Good Morning Judge and Dreadlock Holiday are my favorite 10CC tunes.  Always interesting music and lyrics.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx