gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:52:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peter Reum?  (Read 4453 times)
eden
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »

Hey!
What happened to Peter Reum?
I used to always enjoy his insightful posts back on the old smile shop board and wondered if there's a reason he doesn't post here anymore. I think I learnt more about Brian, as a person, from his posts than anywhere else, I miss them. Cry
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 07:23:35 AM »

I miss Peter's posts, too.  Always entertaining and informative.  Some of his claims were controversial, but they always sparked some good conversation.  I also miss The Right Reverand Bob Hanes.  I have seen a couple posts from Bob on another board lately, but I haven't seen him around this board in awhile.

So Peter, Bob...if you happen to read this...did either of you guys happen to see one of the performances of That Lucky Old Sun?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:26:02 AM by LostArt » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:42 AM »

Peter & Coach are both alive, well, and living happily in the real world.

But not together, before the tongues start wagging...  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Wilsonista
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »

And busily living in the real world, I might add.  Lving in Montana and Oregon respectively probably made going to the UK an impossibility.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 03:41:00 AM »

Living in Montana and Oregon does not make it impossible to get to the UK!
Wilsonista
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:46:09 AM »

It might if your work schedule is loaded and I do know that each year, the Coach's work load gets heavier and heavier.
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:00:06 AM »

My guess would be that Peter is hard at work writing his Brian Wilson-book. In fact you can already preview several
chapters which may be included in it. They were presented in Chris Allen's 'Open Sky' # 7  2004, page 3 thru' 33.

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

I think Peter maybe got a little tired of the attitudes expressed on the boards.  I can't speak for Peter, but that's just my guess.  Peter has a lot of faith in Brian, which is a very nice thing.  Plus, yes, I'm sure he has a very busy life.  I'm not sure about Bob, but he's probably busy, too, and maybe also  a little fatigued with Beach Boys/Brian Wilson board world.  Both guys were very kind to me and shared a little information with me, as well.  They're good people that have years of knowledge about the subject, so it would be nice if they made an appearance again.  If not, they've done more than enough over time to share their knowledge and opinions on public forums.
Bob Hanes
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 12:11:44 AM »

You're all partially correct about Peter..... and even me. 
The "Doe-ster" is most informed, so his response was the most accurate.
Whew!  Getting logged in after being absent so long was weird!
Peter is practicing his P-sychology in Montana.  He is working with substance abusers.  I don't know what y'all know about MT, but there's a gob of what we used to call Indian Reservations there and the Meth abuse among the indigenous people is extreme to put it mildly.  Pete, as you know, is an extremely compassionate, generous, and well educated fella.  It's wonderful that he has chosen to do this work.
On the other hand, he recently remarried and got a whole family in the bargin.  he is still very much part of his biological children's life as well, so he's busy personally too.
His "usual" e mail addy is filled to refusing any new mail.
I talk to him, at least, monthly on the phone and he is fit and happy.
Peter and I both got behind Peter Carlin when he did his book and Reum felt so good about it I think any ideas he may have been harboring (your right he did have plans) were laid aside when Catch a Wave was being written.
Many of the observations that Peter wanted to "let out" were given by Reum to Carlin. 
Those ideas and points of view were presented in Carlin's voice and style but remain the vision the "the Elder Reum".
Don't be intimidated by Peter's commitment to his "vision".  He gets terse occasionally but except for those who don't believe he has been to the mountain and spoken with Moses, he's quite willing to entertain most ideas and points of view.  It's just that he has known Brian personally for so long and was there and supported David Leaf (yes, even financially) when he wrote the original biography of B-dub.
Peter did for Leaf sorta what I did for Carlin and for the same reasons.  We provided "entre" and introductions and asked for perspective.
I, on the other hand am just lazy and grumpy most of the time.
It's really sweet of you to express yourselves to Peter and me this way.  It great to be appreciated for loving something, and someone, as it just comes naturally to me and Pete.
Listening with our heart you see.
I will see to it Peter sees these posts.
I'd have loved to attend the RFH, but time and distance and timing said NO!
As to the most recent of my postings on "another board"  Leaf and I sent missives back and forth over the RFH shows and I said something or another that he insisted I post at Brian's board.  So I did.
I don't even remember what I said exactly, but it was to the effect that ...."Brian is finally allowing himself to work in manner that he invented for himself with Good Vibrations, and expanded upon with SMiLE.  Aural vignettes.  What a leap at such a time.  Now he's comfy with them...HOORAY!
                    ciao & thanks,

The Right Reverend, Left Leaning Bob, Dumb Angel Chapel, Church of the Harmonic Over-dub
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »

My sincere thanks to those who have written about missing my posts. I see many who doubted Brian's composition chops have finally gotten that he's still all there. I just decided to shut up for awhile and let Brian's new music speak for itself. I didn't go to London because I chose Hawaii and a honeymoon instead. We have three girls plus my daughters by  my previous marriage. There's one on the way. Things are very busy, and frankly, my spiritual energy is going to my family these days, much as I love Brian. He's fine, I'm fine, and Br'er Hanes is coaching a world class female high school pole vaulter in his spare time.

I did share many of my insights with Peter Carlin, but there still may be something in the future. I would not presume to claim his work as mine. He listened, wrote, and created what I believe is the most up to date and balanced picture of what was a very troubled family. I work with families like the Wilsons daily, and frankly, I just don't have the energy to work all day with families like Brian's, and then come home and talk about those things more after work. For my mental health, I need to keep work at work. I wish everyone well, especially Brian. I find it hilarious that people question having children in your 50s. It has made me younger at heart, and I'm sure that's what it's done for Brian too.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »

Welcome back Peter, and congrats on the new wife & upcoming baby. My daughter just turned 3 months old today, so I'm feeling' ya!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wilsonista
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 01:18:09 PM »

Many congratulations to you Peter! I speak for myself and everyone else here when I say that  I appreciate what you and Bob have done for BB fandom.  You guys have taken a messy, crap-infested, heartbreaking story and made sense of it  and have generously shared  those findings with us lesser mortals.   Again, congratulations, Peter on your marriage and baby. And Bob, when are we going to see your protege on the cover of Sports Illustrated?   
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »

Let me also address something else Peter said. I have *never* doubted Brian's abilities, just whether or not he'd get to do what he truly wants to do.  Well, whatever changes were made, if any, obviously worked, because Brian has been absolutely brilliant. These guys are to Brian what the Wrecking Crew was to Brian in the 60s.Brian's voice may not be what it once was, but he's singing with more emotion than he has in about 30 years or so. Bravo.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 07:10:18 AM »

That's great, Peter.  I wish you and your family nothing but the best.  Thanks to Bob, too, for letting us know what's up.  Please check in from time to time, that is, when you have the time and the inclination.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx