gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:34:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last known pictures of Dennis and Carl  (Read 153813 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 30, 2016, 04:10:07 AM »

Looks to me like Shawn is pointing at Carl, perhaps telling Gage "here's your Uncle Carl"? Mike, to me, looks to be just pointing at Gage, sort of perhaps maybe saying "AWWWW look at Gage". Who knows, except for the parties present. As far as the Dennis pics from Maui, while he does look tired and more aged than previously in them, he looks far better than he did at times that year, particularly towards the very end. IMHO
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 30, 2016, 09:27:21 AM »

I think that Shawn is actually pointing at Al and saying to Gage: " Oh, don't worry about him, your grandfather will be kicking him out of the group soon anyway".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2016, 11:07:23 AM »

I've seen one particular photo of Dennis from 1983 where he looks genuinely good, in my opinion. In the picture he's sitting down in a chair, wearing a dark colored sweater. He doesn't even seem to have the grey hair he has in most pics from that year. It was posted on the Hoffman board, in a thread that was quickly deleted.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 30, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

Looks to me like Shawn is pointing at Carl, perhaps telling Gage "here's your Uncle Carl"? Mike, to me, looks to be just pointing at Gage, sort of perhaps maybe saying "AWWWW look at Gage". Who knows, except for the parties present. As far as the Dennis pics from Maui, while he does look tired and more aged than previously in them, he looks far better than he did at times that year, particularly towards the very end. IMHO

Others in the set. Note Gage hugging Carl.

Some more...

Most definitely Shawn with Gage but I can't recall which boy was Gage. We very briefly chatted with her. I mean very briefly. Photos by Phil Mast/Rick Edgil (exactly who took the pic needs to be determined).

tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2016, 06:38:13 PM »

Ya gotta wonder what Mike's thinking there....if you can get past that he is dressed like a total tool.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 30, 2016, 08:14:17 PM »

Ya gotta wonder what Mike's thinking there....if you can get past that he is dressed like a total tool.

What are you talking about?  Those sunglasses are totally Rad!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2016, 09:13:16 PM »

I really do wonder what he's thinking there too. It would really be painful to think that they had next to zero relationship as father/daughter/grandchild. But who knows. If the upcoming book sideskirts their very existence entirely, that would be quite a shame.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:14:03 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: July 31, 2016, 01:24:08 AM »

I've seen one particular photo of Dennis from 1983 where he looks genuinely good, in my opinion. In the picture he's sitting down in a chair, wearing a dark colored sweater. He doesn't even seem to have the grey hair he has in most pics from that year. It was posted on the Hoffman board, in a thread that was quickly deleted.

This one? I found it on the web as dated 1983 but I don't know if that is true.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2016, 02:50:28 AM »

Looks more like 1973!  That's either Michael or Carl (2 of Dennis' other sons) I believe.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 31, 2016, 03:18:50 AM »

This one? I found it on the web as dated 1983 but I don't know if that is true.

Nope. If I knew how to post pictures here I'd post it. It's a fairly dark picture. He has a full head of dark hair, and he's clean shaven.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 31, 2016, 03:22:29 AM »

Looks more like 1973!  That's either Michael or Carl (2 of Dennis' other sons) I believe.
I'm pretty sure that's Gage.

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 31, 2016, 04:31:51 AM »

Judging by the shirt collar it looks more like a 70s picture than an 80s picture to me. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:33:22 AM by phirnis » Logged
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2016, 05:24:27 AM »

Agrre. That looks like 1970's Dennis with either one of his sons Michael or Carl.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 31, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »

I've never known that to be anything other than a 1983 picture. In fact, it often comes up in internet searches for "Dennis Wilson 1983".

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 31, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »

Not that Internet sites can't be accurate but very often photos are posted with inaccurate dates. I've related this before but the Getty archive had thousands of photo and almost all were poorly dated. When I inquired they told me that they'd acquired collections and that most were undated.  I offered to date them for them and I did so for about their pictures but it's an exhausting job and I stopped after a while
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: July 31, 2016, 10:02:24 PM »

No way is that from the 80s, for a couple of reasons

1)That is not Gage

and

2) Dennis's face was puffier and far more bloated in the 80s.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 01, 2016, 07:56:13 AM »

It looks like Carl B to me.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »

It looks like Carl B to me.

It is most definitely Carl B.
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 01, 2016, 10:21:12 AM »

I find it interesting in the pictures of Shawn and Gage with everyone standing around.....who is the one who bends down to Gage's level to interact with him?  Who is the one who reaches in for a hug?   Yes, folks.....that would be Carl.  Carl who loved ALL family, no matter the circumstances of their lives.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 01, 2016, 06:59:09 PM »

I find it interesting in the pictures of Shawn and Gage with everyone standing around.....who is the one who bends down to Gage's level to interact with him?  Who is the one who reaches in for a hug?   Yes, folks.....that would be Carl.  Carl who loved ALL family, no matter the circumstances of their lives.

Yes and no...Carl was his uncle.  The other 2 aren't relatives..( well maybe one of them isn't.....)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 01, 2016, 07:15:53 PM »

I find it interesting in the pictures of Shawn and Gage with everyone standing around.....who is the one who bends down to Gage's level to interact with him?  Who is the one who reaches in for a hug?   Yes, folks.....that would be Carl.  Carl who loved ALL family, no matter the circumstances of their lives.

Yes and no...Carl was his uncle.  The other 2 aren't relatives..( well maybe one of them isn't.....)

Actually, you can most certainly remove the "maybe". Even if one buys into the premise that Mike wasn't Shawn's father, he'd still be 110% blood-related to Gage via Dennis. Mike is inarguably Gage's older cousin via Mike's 1st cousin being Dennis... and most likely in addition to that relation - also Gage's grandpa.

And I second that Carl's open arms seems to be in keeping with the kind of very decent guy he's always portrayed as.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:19:48 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 01, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »

Is it just me, or does Carl seem really annoyed that somebody is taking a picture of him as he's hugging Gage?

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 02, 2016, 02:53:02 AM »

Is it just me, or does Carl seem really annoyed that somebody is taking a picture of him as he's hugging Gage?

Is Carl hugging him or trying to pick him off?  Grin
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 02, 2016, 05:59:38 AM »

I thought that when I first saw the picture too.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 02, 2016, 06:37:46 AM »

Is Carl hugging him or trying to pick him off?  Grin

That would be from the Love gene.

....I'll get my coat. Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx