gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681430 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 08:01:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last known pictures of Dennis and Carl  (Read 156280 times)
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »

Carl on his last tour at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach SC, July 1997

http://www.timbullard.com/carlwilson.jpg

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
pobfan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:30 PM »

I just got a copy of 'Denny Remembered, Dennis Wilson In Words and Pictures' by Edward L. Wincentsen. It's put together as more of a fan-style scrapbook, with lots of personal stories and memories written by friends and family (including Dennis's kids). There are also lots of great, rare photos included as well. Many of the photos I have not seen before, and there are a decent bunch included from later in Dennis's life, including some promo and tour shots from 1983, and a few photos with Gage and Shawn. The quality isn't the best – the entire book is in black and white – but the photos all tell fantastic stories.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »

[Fox News is practically the only news station that actually presents a range of opinion across the spectrum, does not engage in the personal attacks that are the hallmark of the Left, and its news staff are among the most respected in the business. 

I genuinely feel sorry for you. 

Don't bother, your condescension is not needed. I notice you didn't dispute what I said, which would have been impossible since my statement was factually correct, but that does not surprise me. Fairly typical. Facts are such pesky things for liberals whose idea of diversity is for everyone to agree with them.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »

[Fox News is practically the only news station that actually presents a range of opinion across the spectrum, does not engage in the personal attacks that are the hallmark of the Left, and its news staff are among the most respected in the business. 

Don't bother, your condescension is not needed. I notice you didn't dispute what I said, which would have been impossible since my statement was factually correct, but that does not surprise me. Fairly typical. Facts are such pesky things for liberals whose idea of diversity is for everyone to agree with them.

A 63 year old conservative from Texas?! No way, can't be!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

I just got a copy of 'Denny Remembered, Dennis Wilson In Words and Pictures' by Edward L. Wincentsen. It's put together as more of a fan-style scrapbook, with lots of personal stories and memories written by friends and family (including Dennis's kids). There are also lots of great, rare photos included as well. Many of the photos I have not seen before, and there are a decent bunch included from later in Dennis's life, including some promo and tour shots from 1983, and a few photos with Gage and Shawn. The quality isn't the best – the entire book is in black and white – but the photos all tell fantastic stories.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look for it.  Grin Unless anybody happens to have a scan of any of the pictures?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2013, 12:28:02 AM »

Here's a fact: Political discourse is far more involved than picking a side (or more likely, having your side picked for you by Fox news) and blowing raspberries at the other.

Still feel sorry for you. x

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2013, 01:00:03 AM »

Here's a fact: Political discourse is far more involved than picking a side (or more likely, having your side picked for you by Fox news) and blowing raspberries at the other.

Still feel sorry for you. x

NHC comes to a thread on the last pictures of Carl & Dennis to preach the gospel of the 'fair and balanced' horseshit that is Fox News. Buddy, I'm not even American but that nonsense is ridiculed and frowned upon around the world.
Only the most deluded of humanity would take that for 'fair and balanced'. This is a thread of pictures of Carl and Dennis, who both were clearly liberal people. I would suggest you go to the fan forums of the Fox celebrities to circlejerk their fairness.

Fox News: As always, we are fair and balanced.
Fox viewer: Damn, these guys sure are fair and balanced.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:02:29 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
gxios
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2013, 04:19:50 AM »

Fox news has plenty of lefty opinions.  They are allowed to be challenged.  That scares the lo fo mo fo's.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2013, 04:48:46 AM »

Please take Fox to the Sandbox

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:24 AM »

The new Stebbins book has a picture of Carl from one of his last concerts...if it was anybody but Carl, it wouldn't be so sad -- it'd be just some guy with an unusually large gut. Sad   Really, it doesn't even look a lot like Carl.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2013, 10:58:28 AM »

The new Stebbins book has a picture of Carl from one of his last concerts...if it was anybody but Carl, it wouldn't be so sad -- it'd be just some guy with an unusually large gut. Sad   Really, it doesn't even look a lot like Carl.

Carl became very chubs towards the end. I don't think the dude ever had a healthy lifestyle and it was bound to catch up with him sooner or later. However he was truly a great artist and a great person according to everyone I've ever heard  Undecided.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »

I think it was possibly steroids he would have been taking for his cancer that would have made his weight balloon near the end.  You're right about him having some weight problems at different points of his life.  Nothing major like Brian but not as athletic as Dennis.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »

Where was it taken? Is it a picture we've seen before?

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2013, 08:53:53 AM »

It was from the Rosemont Theater, August of 1997. He looks much worse (for Carl, at least; again if it were just some random guy you'd never know something was wrong) than the July 1997 picture posted above.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »

Carl became very chubs towards the end. I don't think the dude ever had a healthy lifestyle and it was bound to catch up with him sooner or later. However he was truly a great artist and a great person according to everyone I've ever heard  Undecided.

Carl's appearance in the Summer of 1997 wasn't because he was "chubs".  Very insensitive.  I had the opportunity to be with Carl in August of 1997, if only very briefly. His entire body, including his face, torso, etc. was very bloated from his cancer treatment. His resembled his former self only remotely.  He retreated to his own private environment pre and post show because his immune system was low from the cancer treatment.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »

Carl actually had a very healthy lifestyle after he gave up drugs for good (1979-80?). It was a few more years before he gave up the dreaded cigarettes.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2013, 02:08:12 AM »

Not to be to overly negative, but Carl allegedly started drinking heavily again during the fight to get Landy removed from Brian's "care".

MBE
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »

Not to be to overly negative, but Carl allegedly started drinking heavily again during the fight to get Landy removed from Brian's "care".
Only read that in the Todd Gold book, a publication I don't pay any mind to it unless I get a story confirmed elsewhere.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »

Only read that in the Todd Gold book, a publication I don't pay any mind to it unless I get a story confirmed elsewhere.
Yeah, I wouldn't lend any credibility to that story based on the source - after all, Gold aka Landy's #1 goal with that book was to portray all of Brian's family as evil parasites. I don't doubt, though, that the ongoing court battles took a great toll on Carl.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »

Well, that and an advertisement for his services...

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2013, 12:09:04 AM »

Actually, I remember somebody on here mentioning that they saw a show from around 1996, and Carl drank throughout the show. It was also mentioned by one of the experts here(possibly AGD?) that the whole issue with Landy and the "autobiography" had taken a huge toll on Carl.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2013, 12:40:22 AM »

I remember that as well.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2013, 01:27:25 AM »

Didn't remember that but I wouldn't dismiss out of hand. I still really am hesitant to put much stock in Gold. (Or silver jk)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:01:45 AM by Mike Eder » Logged
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »

It was also mentioned by one of the experts here(possibly AGD?) that the whole issue with Landy and the "autobiography" had taken a huge toll on Carl.

I think it's difficult to determine causality between the emotional/psychological toll that the Landy issue took on Carl and his cancer.  It's possible that the stress impacted his health, but it's also possible that people mistook early symptoms of his cancer as the result of stress from the Landy issue.  Since he was diagnosed in stage IV, he probably had the cancer a long time before it was diagnosed, possibly as long as several years.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2013, 01:53:38 AM »

Actually, I remember somebody on here mentioning that they saw a show from around 1996, and Carl drank throughout the show. It was also mentioned by one of the experts here(possibly AGD?) that the whole issue with Landy and the "autobiography" had taken a huge toll on Carl.

Don't remember that. Was it an audience member or insider? Only ask as how would an audience member know what he was drinking? Heck, he did summer tours for over 35 years in some pretty hot weather at those outdoor gigs. Doesn't mean it was alcohol.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx