gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681025 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 04:58:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last known pictures of Dennis and Carl  (Read 155727 times)
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 09, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »

Thanks for bringing this topic up again.  I'm a newer member of the board.  This is one of those threads where we're discussing several themes, but going back to the 2 Corbis pics posted by Bean Bag, would those pics have been taken in the mid 1980s?  I"m not so well-versed on Brian's appearance during that decade.  I didn't realize Brian lost that much weight.  It was downright scary to look at.

I wonder what a slideshow would look like if it had pics of Brian say every couple of months from the mid '70s through the '80s.  Pretty jarring probably.

Why I'm happy you asked!   It would look just like this!  (well, if it were a slideshow of his whole adult life)   Smiley

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brianwilson.html
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »

Thanks for bringing this topic up again.  I'm a newer member of the board.  This is one of those threads where we're discussing several themes, but going back to the 2 Corbis pics posted by Bean Bag, would those pics have been taken in the mid 1980s?  I"m not so well-versed on Brian's appearance during that decade.  I didn't realize Brian lost that much weight.  It was downright scary to look at.

I wonder what a slideshow would look like if it had pics of Brian say every couple of months from the mid '70s through the '80s.  Pretty jarring probably.

Why I'm happy you asked!   It would look just like this!  (well, if it were a slideshow of his whole adult life)   Smiley

That is awesome!!

phirnis posted this in the media section:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,1990.msg361521.html#msg361521

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 09, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »

That is fantastic! My favourite is 1985 'Live Aid' Brian.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 09, 2013, 04:02:53 PM »

That whole series is well done!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
oldsurferdude
« Reply #254 on: April 09, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »

The Beach Boys actually played for Donald Trump's 50th birthday party? how embarrasing.

Why? Are only certain people allowed to like the Beach Boys? Or the Beach Boys only allowed to play for certain people?
No, not at all. It's embarrassing because along with mYke Luhv, Trump is one of the larger assholes on the planet.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »

I think Trump's wig hides his Mike Love baldness.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
zachrwolfe
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:14:30 PM by zatch » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »

Is it a wig or just a very bad comb over?
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2013, 01:53:41 AM »

Donald Trump and Fox News are the worst things about the US.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »

That is fuckin' sweet. Honestly, I wish somebody would do a facial morph video on YouTube of Brian. I've seen 'em for Michael Jackson, Mickey Rourke, and Keith Richards and it's so interesting. Brian would be quite interesting as well. Quite a few different looks. Not gonna lie, sometimes it's hard to reconcile the fact that the guy I saw on stage last year is the same guy who created Pet Sounds.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »

I don't know... the whole murder, drugs, and unemployment things are pretty high up there too...

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »

Hey, Yorick: Why not include those black conservative Americans who spoke out about the state of our nation, the federal government and the liberal mentality in general on Fox News a few nights ago?  If you hate Fox News and Donald Trump, you must REALLY detest those guys/gals!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »

Somebody on here mentioned that ESQ published a bunch of pictures of Carl from 1997. Would anybody here be willing to post a few?

On another note, I was browsing through a Beach Boys Agallery somebody had posted on Facebook, and there was a close up shot of Dennis wearing sunglasses, on what seemed to be a boat. The caption had the picture dated as being from 1983. In the picture Dennis's beard was almost completely white. I have looked all over for it, but I cant find it anywhere now. Does anybody know of the picture I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:08:12 AM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »

Though they certainly aren't highlights, they are far from being the worst things about the US. Remember Fox is loved by prob 30-40% of the US population, which means relegating them as the worst of the US is basically saying that 40 % of Americans are the worst thing about America which doesn't really makes any sense (or does it?)
But Trump is a massive asshole on the same lvl as Myke, and the like-minded tend to mingle.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:18:07 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:41:07 AM by BergenWhitesMoustache » Logged
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »

Well I must be among the worst thing in the U.S, along with millions of other Americans. For God's sakes, can't you people do any better than that?  You're so tiresome with the name-calling and intolerance of other viewpoints. Fox News is practically the only news station that actually presents a range of opinion across the spectrum, does not engage in the personal attacks that are the hallmark of the Left, and its news staff are among the most respected in the business.  If you don't like the conservative commentators, which are different from the news side, fine, stick with Matthews and Maddow and Olbermann and Schultz and Maher and the rest of the angry name-callers on the Left who are unable to actually discuss issues, and can't handle the idea of conservative minorities and women getting off the plantation by thinking for themselves rather than toeing the party line. But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the Beach Boys.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »

Though they certainly aren't highlights, they are far from being the worst things about the US. Remember Fox is loved by prob 30-40% of the US population, which means relegating them as the worst of the US is basically saying that 40 % of Americans are the worst thing about America which doesn't really makes any sense (or does it?)
But Trump is a massive asshole on the same lvl as Myke, and the like-minded tend to mingle.

30-40%?  Don't they consistently dominate in the ratings every single night?  Their lowest-rated show usually gets more ratings than CNN's highest-rated show in prime time. 

Well I must be among the worst thing in the U.S, along with millions of other Americans. For God's sakes, can't you people do any better than that?  You're so tiresome with the name-calling and intolerance of other viewpoints. Fox News is practically the only news station that actually presents a range of opinion across the spectrum, does not engage in the personal attacks that are the hallmark of the Left, and its news staff are among the most respected in the business. 

Hear, hear!  Enough with the intolerance people have with differing viewpoints.  It is the very reason nothing gets accomplished anymore.

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the Beach Boys.

They played for Trump?  And yes, Trump is a windbag. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »

Somebody on here mentioned that ESQ published a bunch of pictures of Carl from 1997. Would anybody here be willing to post a few?

On another note, I was browsing through a Beach Boys Agallery somebody had posted on Facebook, and there was a close up shot of Dennis wearing sunglasses, on what seemed to be a boat. The caption had the picture dated as being from 1983. In the picture Dennis's beard was almost completely white. I have looked all over for it, but I cant find it anywhere now. Does anybody know of the picture I'm talking about?

Not seen a pic of DW with a beard in 1983, or with a beard that was anything close to white, ever. Pretty sure he didn't have one in the last year anyway.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »

I've seen a number of pictures of Dennis with a beard in 1983. A few that I can remember off the top of my head come from a concert where Carl is singing without a microphone, and Brian is standing at center stage by Mike, playing a tambourine.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »

I've seen a number of pictures of Dennis with a beard in 1983. A few that I can remember off the top of my head come from a concert where Carl is singing without a microphone, and Brian is standing at center stage by Mike, playing a tambourine.
Carl is singing without a microphone? Could anyone hear him?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »

Oops. I meant to say that he was holding and singing into a microphone, without a guitarGrin

BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2013, 02:38:50 AM »

[Fox News is practically the only news station that actually presents a range of opinion across the spectrum, does not engage in the personal attacks that are the hallmark of the Left, and its news staff are among the most respected in the business. 

I genuinely feel sorry for you. 

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »

Yup... that was when CW was doing "What You Do To Me" during the main show. But, and here's the germane point - Denny's beard wasn't white. BTW, Carl had a hand mike, but no guitar in the picture I'm thinking of. Black shirt & pants, looking slim (for Carl). Open air gig.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »

I'm certain I've seen a picture on here somewhere with Dennis sporting a silvery greyish beard. The funny thing is the hair on his head was pretty much the same colour it had always been. Is that the same picture other posters are thinking of?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »

September 1983

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx