gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 03:57:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last known pictures of Dennis and Carl  (Read 155007 times)
JaredLekites
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2011, 07:42:07 PM »

I wonder why Carl looked so bloated. My grandfather get real thin with chemo.

Different people have different reactions to the chemo and whatever painkillers they are prescribed.
Carl was probably on a lot of meds to get through the day towards the end.

jaredlekites.bandcamp.com/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »

That must be a fan from what i figured
I would say more of a leech, than a fan. Note the bottle in his hand.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »

Given the talk about Shawn and Mike and Dennis, I thought I'd share this photo. It was from mid 1988 in San Diego.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »

Given the talk about Shawn and Mike and Dennis, I thought I'd share this photo. It was from mid 1988 in San Diego.

Is one of the kids Gage?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »

Is one of the kids Gage?

If that is Shawn and one of the kids is Gage, I wonder how uncomfortable that was for Mike?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »

He doesn't seem too stressed.  May 22nd, btw.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:39:07 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »

Some more...

Most definitely Shawn with Gage but I can't recall which boy was Gage. We very briefly chatted with her. I mean very briefly. Photos by Phil Mast/Rick Edgil (exactly who took the pic needs to be determined).

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:03:50 PM by Mooger Fooger » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »

What a strange place to meet.  Is that the loading dock for the venue?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »

Thanks for those rare pics Mooger Fooger ! Love the last one withCarl and the kid (maybe Gage?) hugging each other.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »

It is the Padre Stadium in San Diego. Back then the band drove in on Corvettes and the like to the stage in the middle of the field following a baseball game. We were allowed "backstage" and met everyone as they showed up. We then walked to the VIP section as the band drove up to the stage. Although not everyone was in their best behaviour that day.

Thanks to that I was left with a bitter taste. In the years following I've been fortunate enough to also meet people high up in NASA and comparing meeting a rock band to meeting guys who worked on the Apollo/Skylab/Shuttle missions, I'll take the scientists any day of the week.

Sorry to rant. It is funny how a few little things can spoil what should have been a great moment.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:05 PM »

Was Carl pleasant enough Mooger Fooger? I've heard (aside from the strains with Brian) he was a very dedicated family person.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »

Sooooo many captions! Grin
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:54 PM »

Here's the funny thing. In all my meetings with any of the Wilsons, they have always made me feel comfortable and valued as a fan. The two main culprits are the one's who live up to their infamy. No love lost there at all and absolutely no desire to support their post BB musical efforts. It is amazing how deep those feelings still run. maybe I need to see a psychiatrist??
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »

Here's the funny thing. In all my meetings with any of the Wilsons, they have always made me feel comfortable and valued as a fan. The two main culprits are the one's who live up to their infamy. No love lost there at all and absolutely no desire to support their post BB musical efforts. It is amazing how deep those feelings still run. maybe I need to see a psychiatrist??

I'd love to hear your stories......  Cheesy

I guess this must be from near the end, too, right?

- Jack Rieley
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »

One of them is easy to guess, but I'm curious who the other one you're talking about is!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2011, 06:27:12 PM »

Ok, I have to ask, when Shawn and Gage showed up backstage, did Shawn call Mike "dad"?  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »

Mike and Al. Aloof and with real bad-attitudes. To the point that Al's wife nearly wacked him on the head for being such a twirp and had to point out to him that the album he was signing was "Sunflower" and not "20 Golden Greats" and to be a little nicer. Not that I expect the world to revolve around me, but I was in absolutely no way rude or imposing.

Carl on the other hand was superb. He saw me standing nearby while he spoke with Alice (president of the then active BBFUN) and asked me what he could do for me! He then thanked me for being a loyal fan, especially after seeing I had "Sunflower" in my hands.

It is a small event in the grand scheme of things, but the contrast was notable. For all their dysfunctional lifestyles, the Wilsons always behaved in a professional and more importantly warm manner.

I realise this sounds like a bitter-mad-at-the-world rant, but it amazes me that just by looking at the photos I got so fired up again after 22 years. I guess I should understand that someone can have a bad day, but if I was at one of my book signings and I was rude to a young reader who simply wanted me to chat with me, I'd expect someone to seriously kick my ass for such unwarranted behaviour.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:06:12 PM by Mooger Fooger » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »

I think this pic is from September 1983:

My mother said, this is how he looked the last time she seen him. He died when my mother was 3 months along with me.
dennyschild
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2011, 01:48:23 AM »

Here's a pic i found while browsing the internet. Circa 1983

OMG!!!! How sad.
slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »

This was taken in September 1983 at Gage's Birthday Party I think. Dennis looks about the same as he did in the pic above. I found this while browsing for images of Dennis Circa 1983

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:58:21 PM by slp22 » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »

This is from june I believe

- Jack Rieley
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/rickniemimusic/photos/1054398#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A1054398%7D

Her's a link to the guy in question with Dennis.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »

Band played Pine Knob 27/28/29 May 1983.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »

and he had his photo taken with Carl and Mike also; good for him! 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »

I was at the show on the 29th! Jamie James and the King Bees opened. They were terrible.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx